By Ixiion - 09/10/2013 17:26 - United States - Bay Shore

Today, my brother finally informed me that our shower head has an option to make the water only come out of the detachable part. My left leg's been in a cast for 4 months, and the whole time I've had to shower sitting backwards with my leg sticking out the door. He knew. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 563
You deserved it 7 059

Ixiion_fml tells us more.

OP here. Just to clear something up: The shower head is new. It was put in two weeks before my leg ended up in a cast. So I hadn't bothered to fiddle with it before, thus why I didn't know that it had that option. And I've been whining about it for 4 months, and he just now decided to tell me. Ah, love my brother. And to someone who said to give him a break, I am. I just glared at him for 10 minutes before letting it go.

Top comments

Oh c'mon you don't gotta be a rocket scientist to operate your own shower.

Of course he knew. He just didn't tell you because he didn't want you to know what ELSE he does with that shower head. It's best you don't ask.

Comments

Maybe your brother thought you liked sitting backwards in the shower with your leg hanging out..

perdix 29

Your brother has been watching you shower for four months? May I make a guess? After you get out of the shower, does your brother take a really long shower? I thought so!

i guess he had (puts on sun.glasses) a leg up on you. YEAAAAAHHHHH!!!

1dvs_bstd 41

Some people just wanna see their siblings crash and burn!

OP here. Just to clear something up: The shower head is new. It was put in two weeks before my leg ended up in a cast. So I hadn't bothered to fiddle with it before, thus why I didn't know that it had that option. And I've been whining about it for 4 months, and he just now decided to tell me. Ah, love my brother. And to someone who said to give him a break, I am. I just glared at him for 10 minutes before letting it go.

cheshirecat13242 32
perdix 29

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Arokthis 21

If he uses a white stick-style deodorant, use the "cream cheese replacement" prank.

Parkour_rocks 20

Haha Perdix has two very similar comments and one is upvoted a ton and the other is downvoted enough to be hidden.

Well... he figured it out on his own... Most showers if not all have manual controls like that

I don't quite get what your shower is built like? and how it would be able to help you? showering with a cast can't be too easy regardless of the shower, but I don't understand how it can be made harder/easier. what's the detachable part? what other part is there?

There are showers with large steady shower heads, rain showers, you know? They have smaller, detachable shower heads you use to wash the parts the "rain" doesn't reach. Usually you can use them separately, but figuring out how, without getting the cast wet, would be difficult, I assume! And if you don't need to, you wouldn't want to shut the rain shower head off. I think that's why OP didn't learn it without cast. And I don't think OP planned on getting a cast then.

Thanks! I've never seen such a shower so I couldn't quite figure out what she was talking about.

Is it possible that he himself had just learned this?

RedPillSucks 31

In her defence, some shower heads have multiple features which most people don't use (no rule 34). So it's easy to understand that she may not have thought to check if the head had such a feature.

It's not your brother's job to inform you how to work a shower, get your act together OP, it's not rocket science.

Sometimes it doesn't occur to people to tell people things. This is one if those times.

Well it depends on how large your cast is but if it's new can understand your problem...but before you knew this I think a bath would have worked better...

fooltemptress 36

It sounds like the OP might have just a shower stall with no bath tub which would make baths impossible.