By ShouldBeSingleSoon - 26/03/2013 04:15 - United States - Lincoln

Today, my boyfriend, who moved in about a month ago, decided he wanted to move back out. Why? Because I don't keep my place clean enough for him. This, coming from the same man who refuses to wash or clean anything because "that's what women are for." FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 253
You deserved it 10 162

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Count your blessings that it only took a month of living together to find out what a douche canoe he is.

Comments

unless he is paying all your bills whats stopping him from cleaning? he has two arms & a heartbeat . beside when living together cleaning should be decided equally its not fair for him to sit on his butt while you clean all of it

monnanon 13

sometimes households naturally fall into a pattern where one person does more than the other. this can be because one is bothered more by mess or is at home more. in an ideal world it would be equal but it doesnt always work. i do agree that both sides should be doing something around the house. we only divide up cooking and dishes equally and the other things are done by who has the time.

Yes, but having said that, it is also true that in no way should either party blatantly refuse to not contribute. It isn't fair for him to place the role solely in her hands. If it was something that happened naturally over time-this would be a different story, but it isn't, and therefore he's a just being selfish.

Yeah agreed. I think the other poster was simply saying that realistically random household chores seldom are divided perfectly equal because there are so many little things that cause it to not work out that way (one person caring more, being home more, other projects one is working on, etc.). But you're right, it's a completely different thing when one side completely refuses to do certain jobs ever insisting that's solely the responsibility of the other person. That is completely wrong.

why are you saying "FML"? it should be "oh yay! now i can find a BF that's better than a subhuman arsehole!"

You didn't know his opinion on this before he moved in? I would think that you would have known and accepted your due if you knew him well enough to move in. YDI.

420Zombie 17

sometimes moving in with a person is what it really takes to show you that person's true colors.

Which in this case is brown. Like poop. Because he's a piece of shit.

Erghh. Regardless of gender, relationship status or age, everyone in the household should pitch in. The fact that he's your boyfriend makes the situation that much worse. He should want to help you and respect your house that he is now living in.

OP- this seems less like a fml and more like a "make my life a lot better by getting this spunk weasel of a pseudo bf out of my life"!! I suggest cleaning one more time and dumping his crap in a pile on the sidewalk out front, changing the locks and counting your blessings!! Cut him off, OP, cut him off now!!

At least now you know you're with a misogynistic little shit?

Thank god this happened before you got married! Then all you'd get is an fml much higher in magnitude... Oh wait... I guess it's worth it!

If he won't clean or wash anything, who keeps his place cleaner than yours? His mother or a girl roommate stupid enough to clean up after him?? Also, if you've heard him say 'that's what women are for' why would you ever agree to move in with him??