By thatgirl - 18/06/2016 21:19 - Canada - Richmond

Spicy
Today, my boyfriend took me to get the abortion that we both agreed on. He was being so supportive through the whole thing. When it was all over I thanked him for coming. He replied, "Well that's what got us here in the first place!" He's still mad he can't tell anyone his joke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 756
You deserved it 4 862

Same thing different taste

Top comments

High five to your boyfriend for a fantastic joke!

sometimes the best way to help accept a tough decision is to laugh about it plus it's a really clever joke so I don't think you should over react

Comments

SteveDudleyUK 10

Not only a guy who was very supportive throughout the whole thing but also a guy with a quick and good sense of humour. Your not getting a FML from me because sounds like your really lucky to have him as a boyfriend.

RA91 26

I have a feeling the comments to this will be shut down later on.

RA91 26

Lol, EST?? Or are you in a different time zone??

Sounds like the kind of joke my boyfriend would make! Great to hear he's been supportive. Both of you have probably been pretty stressed out lately, an unplanned pregnancy isn't easy, and even when you know it's the right choice, an abortion can be difficult, both physically and mentally. Silly jokes can be a good way to let some of that tension out. Take care, both!

Why would you thank him for coming? He's supposed to be there. Takes two to tango

Probably because of the whole "no uterus, no opinion" thing. Lots of people think that the female is the only one that should decide about an abortion, and not the male despite the fact it would also be his kid too.

I think it's more the fact that some men, at least the cases you hear about, tend to not want to go and sometimes just abandon the girl. Some just don't want to deal with the situation, have trouble giving support for a hard situation, disagree with the woman's choice, or will just give the girl money and tell her to go get one. An unexpected pregnancy can freak a guy out, so some will just want to break off the relationship and leave right there. The girlfriend was merely just thanking for him being so supportive, not just by supporting her decision, but accompanying her to the clinic and through the whole process, and then continuing to be with her after the fact. I've never been in this position, and I hope I never will, but I'd thank my boyfriend too if he did all that for me at such a stressful and difficult time for both of us.

Your waiter is supposed to serve to you, does that mean you don't need to say thank you when they bring you your food?

And they're right. Doesn't mean that the bloke can't be involved, but he doesn't get the deciding vote. That goes to the one that's actually going to be pregnant.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

It is her body and so she can do with it what she wants to. Just because she is getting an abortion doesn't mean she is heartless or hates children as some women get an abortion because having a child would cause severe damage to their body or could possibly kill them, there is also the chance that the child is a product of rape. we don't know but that does not give you the right to judge or harass her because it is her decision, her body, and her actions do not affect you.

Even you said "would be", hence it's not a child yet, therefore not murder. Thanks for playing. Edit: and now the comment is moderated so.

28, are you pro-life, or pro-birth? Do you care what happens to these children once they are born into a life that can not provide for them? The foster and adoption systems are so over run already that most of those children will never see a proper home, so you can't even use that suggestion as an alternative anymore. And this is coming from someone who it took 7 years to have a child that was desperately wanted. So don't start about the women who would kill to have a baby either. I'm not pro-abortion, but I am pro-choice because I care about what happens in the aftermath, to both the child and the would be parents. Abortion is not an easy decision and is not usually used as a form birth control. This poor girl is probably emotional enough about her difficult choice. She doesn't need pricks like you spouting off your nonsense. Go climb back up your ass and learn some compassion for the human race you seem so keen on saving.

GoogieWithers 22

Out of all the contraceptives available the both of you chose none? you could have avoided the entire situation for 1$...

Were you with them when they had sex, how do you know they didn't use any? You act like the only way to get pregnant is by having unprotected sex, which is not the case at all. No contraceptive is 100% effective, they could have used any number of contraceptives and it just failed. Not to mention, even if they did go unprotected, people aren't perfect and sometimes they make really stupid mistakes, it doesn't make them bad people, just a momentary lapse in judgement which resulted in unfortunate circumstances, it happens to everyone.

No contraceptive is 100% effective, even if used properly. Pregnancies can still occur even if the girl is on birth control and they still use condoms. Sometimes it just happens, no matter what you do. Obviously, unless you abstain from sex until you want a child... but that's a bit extreme to expect anyone to do.

I was on the pill, took it religiously, and still had an unwanted pregnancy that I found out about one week from my husbands scheduled vasectomy. BC fails all the time, and you are making some pretty crappy remarks about something you know nothing about. No BC is 100 percent. Get your own life and stop berating people for the life choices they make.

Until OP explains further I think it's pretty unfair to assume that she got pregnant because she was not being proactive and also what her reasoning for getting the abortion is. Like the others mentioned BC can and does fail, and there are reasons other than not being ready to have a child to get an abortion, such as medical issues or certain diagnoses. It's not usually a decision that is made easily and she doesn't need your judgement for something that really isn't your business anyway.

If that had been me, I wouldn't have been able to keep that joke to myself either.

pacman490 21

I'm mad he can't tell anyone his joke too