By Thankshun - 04/03/2013 23:03 - United States

Spicy
Today, my boyfriend told me I was selfish for "choosing" to start my period on his day off from work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 452
You deserved it 6 617

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iarefatal 9

Tell him to shut up and go buy you chocolate.

poemqueen 15

Wow, like you can choose that.

Comments

AphyTheBronette 15

That's happened to me too. Keep your chin up its not your fault aunt flow is visiting.

node_fml 5

Sounds lucky aunt flows visiting if she wasn't he'd have worse problems.

it shouldn't be called aunt flow you never want a relative in your ******

I could sure use some new car, and boat, motorcycle, pet, bicycle, plane, helicopter, homeowners, flood, tornado, hurricane, and fire insurance :)

Lizzy500 16

Well that explains Flo from Progressive having red hair. Guess y'all don't watch American TV.

#120 don't forget cloud insurance they're planning something I swear it

eaglerob 20

He sounds like a keeper; lock him down!

I agree, you should chain him up in the basement! We don't need more stupid.

Tell him to have a talk with your ovaries.

jem970 19

You ovaries hav litte to do with it. Yeah they release the egg but its the uterus linning thats the real culprit here :-)

Somehow, I knew someone would make the mistake of saying the ovaries had nothing to do with it. Yes, it is the uterus that sheds. But the hormones that regulate the menstrual cycle are produced mainly by the ovaries. This is why surgical removal of the ovaries (oophorectomy) stops menstruation and induces menopause, even if the uterus is left intact.

jem970 19

My apologies 37. Yes while that is true I blame my ****** most often during my periods because I get wicked cramps and that's the ****** flexing to help shed the lining. My bad.

CharresBarkrey 15

107 - No, that's your uterus contracting, not your ******.

*points at ovaries* we can do that. We ARE the factory!

Your boyfriend is bloody stupid, period.

That was the funniest comment ever. ^

Neyuu 18

He's just dripping with intelligence.

Tis better to give than to receive be sure to let him know that ma lady

It sounds like you need to enroll your boyfriend in a Reproduction 101 class...or should I say 100. :/

I believe it is generally assumed that by the time a person reaches college/university level, he or she should already have a functional understanding of human reproduction. But if this FML, and a few of these comments, is any indication, perhaps there is in fact a need for "Reproduction 101."

It's FML like you said. It was a joke. Calm down.

Lizzy500 16

#40 I think we can thank America's overly religous 'sex is a SIN omgwtfbbq' parents that insist on keeping sex ed out of the classroom for OP's boyfriend's stupidity.

173- thank you for reading between the lines.

'choosing' I hope you gave him a good scolding for that, OP.

Yesterday we had a girl who didn't know how erections work. Now this. Apparently all that sex-ed cutting we did had results. Congratulations, society.