By PyroSam - 12/12/2014 18:07 - United Kingdom - London

Today, my boyfriend sent Christmas Carollers to my house to tell me he was breaking up with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 757
You deserved it 3 013

PyroSam tells us more.

Here's the full story (just saying this is my first FML that has been published. Yay!). First off, we'd had a fight and he'd stormed out of the house. I believe he went out with his friends and got drunk out of his mind, which is probably where the midnight Christmas breakup idea came from. The carollers were surprisingly supportive, and I didn't even have to tip them. The next morning I received a grovelling voice message, which I subsequently ignored. I think I'm done with that relationship now, but hats off to his originality.

Top comments

Ouch, I'm sorry Op. That's really heartless. In my opinion, if he didn't even have the balls to tell you in person he wasn't 'the one' anyways.

Comments

Shitty deal man hugs try to not let that ruin your holidays

Punctuation is really important, otherwise what you wrote just doesn't make sense.

qdawg06 23

That's horrible. It's the holidays for God's sake.

SauceySarah 30

Not only did you get broken up with, but you also had to listen to those annoying carolers sing to you.

you should gift him some balls this Christmas as reply.

I completely agree. She should get 2 balls (bouncy balls, dragon balls, whatever) put them in a box with a note saying, "Bought you some balls for Christmas seeing as you lack your own. Your next girlfriend will appreciate you using them to break up with her in person. Jackass" and then drop them off in his mailbox.

littleteapot 21

Or the the balls people hang on the back of their trucks!

Your life may suck, but at least he was orignal in his method of breaking up with you.

Here's the full story (just saying this is my first FML that has been published. Yay!). First off, we'd had a fight and he'd stormed out of the house. I believe he went out with his friends and got drunk out of his mind, which is probably where the midnight Christmas breakup idea came from. The carollers were surprisingly supportive, and I didn't even have to tip them. The next morning I received a grovelling voice message, which I subsequently ignored. I think I'm done with that relationship now, but hats off to his originality.

Pretty sure no one believes you're the OP, because if you were then it would say so beside your username...

What did they sing? Kind of weird on the carollers part, who says yes to singing a breakup? Their point is to bring Christmas cheer not heartache and embarrassment.

#63 I was wondering the same thing. I think they might just be so desperate for money that they just agreed to anything...

alice_18 16

I wonder if they sang at all? The post says he sent them, not that they actually did it

No, they actually sang. It was truly abysmal. I believe he hired the cheap dodgy ones who were desperate for money. I still don't know how he even convinced them.

Maybe it was a "soften the blow" kinda thing? This is the kinda thing that makes 110% sense when drunk. (Don't drink, kids!)

patwo8 14

That kinda messed up yet festive at the same time.

Falalalala lalalala! Sorry hun that's such a horrible way to break up with someone!

Some guy do the "breakup" just before Christmas to avoid having to get a gift. I would except a new message just after the holiday.