By Anonymous - 23/12/2010 05:21 - Canada

Today, my boyfriend said that we can "maybe have sleepovers" at his house when he FINALLY moves out. He's 24, and we've been dating for 6 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 441
You deserved it 8 079

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't think this is that bad. You were teenagers when you started dating (albeit he was legally an adult). Has he been in school the majority of your relationship? If so, it's unrealistic to expect him to be able to afford his own place - some can, many cannot. Even if he wasn't in school, most young adults can't afford to get their own place. 24 seems about the right age to me. As for the sleepover thing, it may be a case of "my house, my rules". It doesn't sound like it's been a sexless 6 years so don't get caught up in the wish list. It's hard to tell what your complaint is, OP, because if you were not in the same situation he was, why couldn't he have slept at your own place?

I agree with what you're saying. But i think there is a point to the FML: Maybe after 6 years OP was expecting him to ask her to move in. Instead he just shrugs her off and says to maybe occasionally let her round once in a while. That's what I got from the FML at least. [I'm not saying i agree or disagree with OP or anything, just what I think the FML means personally] And I would never have sex in my parent's house. I respect them and their rules too much, so I can understand the dilema. And yeh, if people are in FULL TIME education they obviously can't afford to move out of their parent's houses.. so stop being so judgment guys!

Comments

He's probably just too shy to say 'when I get my own place we can have wild sex romps every night'

Lol, me and boyfriend have been dating for 4 months and we have slept at each others houses twice. (: Awh, sucks to be you, time to get a new bf.

sassypants93 17

And you're 14! Congratulations!

Well done for anouncing to the world you are having illegal underage sex. (or implying you do at least)

Get yourself a real man for Christmas. We don't cost a lot, come equipped with jobs, homes, and a pair of fully functioning testicles. It appears to me that your "boyfriend" does not have any of the above. Go ahead, treat yourself!

babez11 0

omg u could paint eachothers nails and hav a pillow fight!!! lol

I don't know about Op spending the night at my house. But you can stay at my house anytime you want.

cowboyy_fml 0
MAPruett 0

sounds like you needa move on to better things lol

Sounds like to me the boyfriend might have some other Canadian Beaver staying over at night.

EvilDave 13

YDI because you have have been dating him for 6 years even though he is 24 and lives at home.

Ninjafriends 1

He must be planning an epic sleepover.

skyeyez9 24

I moved out of my parents' home barely 3 months after I turned 18. I lived in some shitty places, but I finished college, money started flowing and I'm in a nice place now. I don't regret it.