By father-in-nope - 21/07/2015 15:17 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my boyfriend's dad helped me put coolant in my car. When I said I wished I could do something in return, he told me to get an abortion so I wouldn't "ruin" his son's life. When I told my boyfriend, he didn't believe me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 450
You deserved it 2 768

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He sounds like a major ass. I'm sorry op.

Gosh, that's horrible. I would advise you to never walk down a flight of stairs while he's around.

Comments

You shouldn't even have the option it have an abortion unless your life would be in danger.

smb12346 17

Just record him saying it, I'd bring it up and say "hey I thought about what you said". Once he repeats it, play it for your boyfriend

Tell him then that he can have nothing to do with his grandchild.

I'm braced for mob reaction but as far as I'm concerned, the SOB just forfeited all rights as a grandfather

Just watch, as soon as OP has her adorable little one, I'm sure the father will change his mind. And if not, it's his loss!

#18 Trouble is, his son doesn't believe he said it.

How come you can't put coolant in your car?!

Really asking the important questions here, huh?

When pregnant you are not supposed to be around chemicals like this if you can avoid it.

Maybe OP never changed the coolant in a car before. Or it could be the fact that she is pregnant, and doctors advise against pregnant women being near toxic chemicals.

Your boyfriends father will be the first one to complain that you don't bring the baby around enough after its born.

Christ, what an awful thing to say! Especially to someone who has just offered to do something nice for you.

Why would he even think you're lying?

DA3Z 16

That's a pretty intrusive thing for him to say to you.

abylaunch 10

Once after having sex for the first time with a guy who I had been with for a while, the first thing he said to me afterwards was "If you get pregnant I'll pay you to have an abortion"

That was probably a good thing if it was your first time and you weren't recently married and practicing abstinence. Cause then that would mean you are really young (high school I assume) and I doubt you both would be ready for a child.