By father-in-nope - 21/07/2015 15:17 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my boyfriend's dad helped me put coolant in my car. When I said I wished I could do something in return, he told me to get an abortion so I wouldn't "ruin" his son's life. When I told my boyfriend, he didn't believe me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 450
You deserved it 2 768

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He sounds like a major ass. I'm sorry op.

Gosh, that's horrible. I would advise you to never walk down a flight of stairs while he's around.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Unless they're both 16, in which case they don't know what the **** the "Right thing" is.

He sounds like a major ass. I'm sorry op.

The dad. I could see that the bf wouldn't want to believe that his dad could say something like that but he should still talk to him about it since it's not like she'd just lie about something like that. Hopefully.

Gosh, that's horrible. I would advise you to never walk down a flight of stairs while he's around.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this OP. But at least you are making the right decision.

there is no right or wrong decision every ones circumstances are different

yes there is. doing what you want is the right decision. telling the bf was the right decision

Don't let that affect you OP! It's your decision whether or not you want to have the baby.

Wow. Even if there is a slight chance he was kidding, it is still an incredibly ****** up thing to say. Just as long as you and your boyfriend want this baby together, keep doing what you're doing.

This post is so incredibly insensitive and hurtful, I can't imagine it being a joke. Best of luck OP. You will need it as you join that family.

Maybe he just doesn't want your bf to turn into an asshole like he did. But if you two think you're doing the right thing, then good. That is all that matters.

Perhaps adoption would be better if he doesn't want to be a grandfather just yet... But it's up to you and your boyfriend...

Like you said, it's up to OP and her boyfriend. It's their business and absolutely nobody else's. OP shouldn't feel like she has to give away her child just because her boyfriend's dad is an asshole. If he doesn't want to be a grandfather he'll just have to suck it up and deal with it.

Why would OP give up the baby for adoption just because the grandfather isn't ready to become a grandfather? That is a pretty stupid reason to give it up for adoption

Retard, abortion is he only way he wouldn't become a grandfather. Adoption just means he's a grandfather who doesn't see his grandchild