By professorsdaughter - 19/06/2014 05:28 - United States - Spokane

Today, my boyfriend once again cancelled a date because he has too much homework. His professor is my dad, who's assigning astronomical amounts of homework to keep us from seeing each other. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 738
You deserved it 4 850

Same thing different taste

Top comments

.Messed up dad.Why would he bother he is already creating a bad relationship with your boyfriend

Llamassss 21

Your dad is one of those professors that no one likes.

Comments

buckeye1 9

Maybe she's daddy's girl and he doesn't want to see her grow up or maybe he thinks the guy isn't good enough for her. is typical dad stuff.

i agree... dad probably dont want her end up get hurt by break up or hes not good enough for her

Could've been worse. Your boyfriend and dad could've been cooking blue meth together.

Just help him with all his work so your dad can see nothing can keep you apart

I agree. In fact, you should tell your dad that the two of you are going to have a study session so you can help him complete his work. Turn your dad's own weapon against him. The more homework he gives, the longer you need to stay and help him with it. Your dad will back off.

Sounds like almost any protective dad haha

Axel5238 29

Don't date your boss/boss's kid/friend/teachers kid. It isn't that difficult, your dad doesn't want you dating one of his students for good reason most likely.

She's most likely an adult now. She should be able to date anyone she wants. Plus, they could've been dating before he got that class.

Axel5238 29

Maybe, but when it creates a conflict of interest that is a problem. Best thing is to try to avoid it if possible. I kinda doubt the dad is punishing the whole class because of 1 guy. Adult or not doesn't change the fact if she started dating him knowing it would be a problem doesn't change the fact it is a bad idea. Just because it's a choice doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Even if the boyfriend she's with is a mistake that her dad doesn't want her to deal with, she should still learn from it. He shouldn't just shield her from those kind of things. If this guy is a deadbeat, she must make the decision to leave or not, not her dad. And if she were to leave, she will learn that he was a mistake. If this guy really is a deadbeat and the father is trying to get rid of him, he's doing it all wrong. She needs to make those decisions. He's just interfering with her dating experience. Now I'm not assuming the boyfriend is terrible or an actual good guy. I'm just trying to prove my point that the father should not be doing what he's doing.

That's unfair to you. Tell your dad that he needs to stop whatever shit he thinks he can pull off.

YO MODERATORS. "Keep up from seeing each other"?

ostfaiz 18

At least your boyfriend's devoted to his work! Talk to your dad and stop that nonsense.