By brigie - 01/05/2013 08:21 - Australia - Sydney

Today, my boyfriend of two and a half years left me. To clear my head I decided to go for a drive. My car broke down on the way. The only mechanic I have ever used and trusted with my car is my boyfriend. Yes, I had to call him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 534
You deserved it 8 144

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Zambowi 15

To be fair, you didn't HAVE to call him, you chose to.

JoshTheMaggot 8

You didn't have to call him, you chose to. Still a shitty situation to be in. Hopefully you can find a new mechanic.

Comments

There's no way I would've been able to swallow my pride and do that...I probably would go to the most overcharging mechanic if it came to that or my ex, just so I wouldn't have to go to my ex

You didn't have to call him. It's time to go to another mechanic, try trusting that one. Honestly, I think this FML is more of a YDI than a FYL.

To be fair to OP, mechanics and car dealers have a tendency to take advantage of and overcharge women, so that would probably be why she trusted her boyfriend. So although it WAS a choice, it was still a very uncomfortable one.

True. I don't trust mechanics. Or used car dealers. A few days after I bought my car I found that something was wrong with it. My husband at the time told me that the transmission was ******, so I called the dealer to complain, "Hey! You sold me a car with a bad transmission!" You know what he told me? "Manual cars don't have a transmission."

Oh yeah been there and to make things better he treats me like I don't exist and I'm an auto parts delivery driver and go to his shop many times a day

seniorchang 16

Uh huh. Car broke down? Yeah, I'll bring my tools. Don't worry, I'll make it all better. I think I've seen this movie before.

flockz 19

well if we've seen the same movie, then the mechanic only ever needs one tool.

perdix 29

There may not be sex this time, but I'll bet he's going to **** you. (Even the best mechanics gotta make a living. ;) )

Well, he can't be that great of a mechanic if your car wasn't maintain enough to go for a simple drive.

TiffGreen 11

Uhmm... that would have been the perfect time to find a new mechanic!!

melcar12345 9

Lol I've certainly been in that situation before. Except mine was a pc issue :)