By Anonymous - 22/06/2010 20:12 - United States

Today, my boyfriend of over 2 years said he wants to get married before he leaves for basic training. Not because he loves me, but because he'll get paid more if he's married. This is the only time he's been excited about marriage. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 810
You deserved it 4 962

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jynxpawzz 11

Wow. My husband and I just got married today. He's also in the military. And he could care less about the money. I mean yea, it's going to help with bills for our house and stuff but we got married because we love each other. And let me tell you. being apart is the hardest thing ever. so if he's only thinking about the money don't bother in putting yourself through a long distance relationship. seriously.

Comments

samanthadude 0

I wouldn't marry him if I was you, his love for money is probably stronger then his love for you. Marriage has become nothing nowadays, everybody abuses it.

onelove222 0

ya but think about it, if he doesn't do this and he does enter basic training, she will be complaining about how he doesn't make enough money to support her.. maybe the decesion is a fincial one soo it's now her money too and I'm sure he took that into consideration don't look

samanthadude 0

The OP said he doesn't want to marry her because he loves her, but because he will get more money if they were married. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to marry someone just so they could get more money out of it. I would want to marry the person because we love each other through thick and thin, even if we didn't have money. Also, i'd rather be complaining about having no money than being married to a husband that loves cash more then me. ( I'm not saying he loves money more than the OP, it just seems like it. )

onelove222 0

yea buhh she just assumes it's because he doesn't love her obviously he does love her he just wants the best for her I think op Is just overexaggerating

samanthadude 0

You're probably right, a lot of FMLs are exaggerated.

jynxpawzz 11

Wow. My husband and I just got married today. He's also in the military. And he could care less about the money. I mean yea, it's going to help with bills for our house and stuff but we got married because we love each other. And let me tell you. being apart is the hardest thing ever. so if he's only thinking about the money don't bother in putting yourself through a long distance relationship. seriously.

if you just got married, why the hell would you be posting a comment let alone reading fml? fake comment.

Raleigh_bruh 7

Very unstimulating honeymoon..?

superpanda24 0

haha dude you look like the friggin most badass black guy I've ever seen 0:

then I guess you have never seen Mr. T you know he's a night elf Mohawk

Yeah, we all know that's not true BuddyChrist. He just pities the fool who plays WOW.

Maybe they were just between rounds and were catching their breath. Or as in my case, were spending several hours in the car. We spent part of our honeymoon returning my new daughter to my new husband's ex-wife. The ex-wife said if my husband wanted his daughter at the wedding, he had to 'handle' the transportation. It was over 2 hours one way. All in all, a small price to pay to have her there.

I say what the hell. marry the douche. you're still with h and now u get extra cash.

ArtIsResistance7 1

This is when you kindly say, "**** off".

xxxSabrinahxxx 0

**** that!!! dump him. when he's out of the army is he gonna ask for a divorce or **** any ***** out there. cuz you know soldiers get "special treatment" from girls.

whys it an FML? its a win win situation for you... 1st = hes marrying you, its what you wanted 2nd = he'll be earning more so you both live better 3rd = hes going away, so you can spend some more on yourself.

lonesomeXheartbr 0

what were you pointing at? jw

37 - beacuse a girl wants to feel loved. and him proposing for the moneys sake, well I wouldn't feel loved.

sammehsaurus 0

where is your picture? jw ..wait, where is my picture? xD