By great_just_great - 24/02/2013 05:48 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, my boyfriend of almost six years asked me to move in with him. I assumed he meant that he was finally moving out of his parents' house and had found a place for us to live. No, it turns out he means he wants me to move in with him at his parents' place. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 891
You deserved it 5 891

great_just_great tells us more.

Hey everyone.. Just to let you know, he's 36 and I'm 29. I moved in for about two weeks but found I couldn't handle it. We've broken up and to be honest, I'm kind of glad this all happened; it helped me work out that he was all wrong for me.

Top comments

oj101 33

Free food, no housework or bills. Sounds like a win to me.

Good God almighty he's 36? Man, you probably did good there.

Comments

"Hey kid Do I have your attention? I know the way you've been living Life so reckless, tragedy endless Welcome to the family" Not the ideal situation but on the brighter side, sounds like you get along great with his parents (provided he asked their permission first) After 6 years of dating, you probably spend most your nights at each other's houses anyway. It might be a good trial period to see if living together is something you can deal with, without getting stuck in an annual lease at an apartment.

perdix 29

If you can learn to have quiet sex, you could be on Easy Street. Is his mom a good cook?

ColbyGB 13
eaglerob 20

Time to hire SJP and expedite his launch

"Failure to Launch" reference. dont worry, it was a bad one.

I would be happy if my boyfriend invited me to live with him, in his moms house, before we found our own place. We wouldn't have to pay rent and have the whole basement floor, 12X bigger than what we have now, in a $2 000 000 house. I guess you may not be in the same situation?

collegedream121 8

They made a movie about this it's called failure to launch...

Tell him to put on his big boy pants.