By Anonymous - 31/01/2013 07:23 - United States

Today, my boyfriend of 5 years decided to buy a $2500 taxidermied wolf on eBay. This is the same guy who refuses to get engaged because it would "cost too much right now." FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 962
You deserved it 5 762

Same thing different taste

Comments

Maybe he just wants to wait until he's financially stable enough to give you the ring and wedding he thinks you deserve? Stuffed wolf and all...**

I believe that in USA engagement ring is "supposed" to cost 2x of groom's monthly salary (ridiculous tradition, if you ask me). Also it is said that average cost of such ring is 3500..4000 usd. Which means that the wolf is cheaper.

Not to mention if the brides family doesn't help with the wedding costs there's thousands of dollars right there .... ;)

I don't know how it is in your countries, but in mine it's the bride's family that is responsible for the wedding. Groom's only brings alcohol.

44, What country are you from? AFAIK wedding costs are either split between families or whoever has the money pays for the wedding, but each side still pays for clothes for groom/bride.

chick92282 15

In the US, the groom's family traditionally pays for the groom's clothing, the rehearsal dinner, the flowers, and the alcohol. Bride's family pays for everything else (venue(s), dj, cake, caterer, invitations, postage...)

hooligyn123 18

Or just do a bunch of your wedding stuff yourself and don't get hung up on tradition. Mine cost less than that Wolf and turned out pretty damn good.

TheDrifter 23

I'm still hung up on the concept that I should be expected to drop 30 grand on a ring our risk being called cheap or uncaring. Here the bride's family usually pays the wedding itself and the groom's family pays for the surrounding and preceding events.

You should replace him with a taxidermy boyfriend, see how he feels

hooligyn123 18

Mine cost $1800... dress, rings etc included. I just found help sewing dresses, MIL made our cake.... I made our guestbook etc. had it in the country at MIL's house. Made a request for a DJ and photographer as wedding gifts. It's ridiculous how much people spend on weddings.

He's obviously lying to you about wanting to get married, simple as that. The "it's too expensive" excuse is as old and overused as "It's not you, it's me." Sounds to me like he's just a, uh...wolf in sheep's clothing. No pun intended.

guemarez 9

Yes it would cost too much... It would cost him his freedom, his ability to come and go as he pleases, his ability to hang out with the guys and do what he wants when he wants...

feldco1 17

I mean a job prevents that too, should he not do that too?

YOU DIDN'T KNOW? Taxidermy wolves are the new engagement rings! I say you are a lucky duck!

Who knows, maybe he already has a ring and he just wants you to be really surprised. :) you never know.

Tell him that you hope he bought a female wolf, because that's the only "stuff" he's going to be getting for awhile. *See what I did there*

perdix 29

The wolf will last forever, and you are 50/50 at best. Sounds like the better investment for lifelong companionship. In fact, with your incessant nagging, your stock is being downgraded to 20/80.