By cupcakechick - 04/06/2013 20:55 - Canada - Toronto

Today, my boyfriend lost his temper with me and complained that my "constant" apologies for upsetting him drive him insane, and without thinking, I said I was sorry. He hung up and I haven't heard from him since. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 844
You deserved it 21 213

cupcakechick tells us more.

hey guys, OP here, my bf is an amazingly great guy, and he cares about me very much, and Its just I have low self esteem, so even if I bump into him, ill apologize over and over again, and it bugs him because im always beating my self up, we have great communication, so later that day he called me back and apologized for being rude, im the luckiest girl alive to have a bf like mine :)

Top comments

I do the same thing. I literately apologize for everything and people are always annoyed by it :/

xXHollowIchigoXx 17

Wow... I'm so sorry to hear that OP.

Comments

Apologize too much, drive people insane. Don't apologize at all, you're a sociopath. Can't win these days.

The attempt to find a balance has been "sorry not sorry" and that makes you look like a grade A douche if you use it

Emily062611 6

I have started to say "oops" for things that I don't really need to apologize for but want to, like forgetting some minute detail of my husband's day or asking him twice if he wants seconds. Otherwise, I try to never just say sorry. I say, "sorry I ____, won't happen again" etc

He should come back around...it happens talk to him about it and see what you can do to change it...

eatthemcows 4

The girl I'm currently dating does the same exact thing. It really does get very annoying. You don't have to apologize twenty times for every little thing that doesn't really matter.

Apparently, it does matter if the person she's apologizing to gets mad and upset at every little thing. Why else would she have a need to apologize so vehemently if her boyfriend was relaxed, laid-back and cool about it? The more he shows her it's not a big deal the less she would end up apologizing.

read her comment. she says she does it because she has a low self esteem and that her boyfriend actually is calm and patient with her.

Just talk it out with him and tell him you'll try to do an effort. But in the future don't be sorry so much! (I hope you're not Canadian)

I did. and why shouldn't I be canadian?

How bizarre that OP is responding to some of these comments. I think I like it. I wish more people would do it.

Honestly, the reason I hate when people do that to me is because it makes me feel bad. I dunno entirely why; I guess it's like, making me feel bad because I sounded harsh enough to make them apologize in the first place?

Skylansmile 11
dantee2005 33

Well it's really annoying if someone apologizes a lot.

RpiesSPIES 27

Your name wouldn't happen to be Collette Brunel, now, would it?

Don't be sorry all the time just stop ******* up so much and tell him it won't happen again and keep your word I had the same problem with my gf

CharresBarkrey 15

The only thing you shouldn't be sorry for is dumping his ass. He should have more respect and love you the way you are .