By aspiemeanswell - 05/11/2014 18:49 - Germany - Rudolstadt

Today, my boyfriend gushed for several minutes about how amazing it is that I suddenly look hot when he takes his glasses off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 810
You deserved it 3 306

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

in reference to OP's name: "aspie?" Does your boyfriend have Asperger's and therefore not know social cues? Like wat

Wow. He really knows how to sweet talk his woman.

He must like how hot you look when you're blurry.

My first thought was 'but what if he's longsighted?' ... then I realised it probably wouldn't be an FML in that case. But maybe he's not super short sighted?

Beauty is in the blind eye of the beholder...?

Nothing like soft filtering to enhance your looks. I am sure he thinks you are hot with or without his glasses.

I hope he was being sarcastic. If not, dump his ass.

By the OP's name it sounds like her boyfriend has asperger's. Without OP telling him what he said hurt her feelings, he may not have understood that it was inappropriate, and due to his asperger's he probably lacks the ability to gauge whether saying something like this is appropriate or not socially. Dumping him, I would say wouldn't be first on the cards. Understanding him is important.

By the OP's name it sounds like her boyfriend has asperger's. Without OP telling him what he said hurt her feelings, he may not have understood that it was inappropriate, and due to his asperger's he probably lacks the ability to gauge whether saying something like this is appropriate or not socially. Dumping him, I would say is extreme. It sounds like OP understands that her boyfriend has difficulty with social cues sometimes and that's nice.