By FMeRight? - 28/12/2015 20:15 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my boyfriend finally proposed to me in front of his whole family with the ring his mother had helped him pick out. Two hours later, I found emails of nudes from another women that had been sent to him a week prior, on his phone. Our flight for home leaves in a week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 917
You deserved it 1 634

Same thing different taste

Top comments

People like that are not worth your time whatsoever. I'm sorry you got to the point of engagement with this fool.

andrmac 25

Confront him and find out if he's decided or will decide to be serious about your relationship or not. If not move on get out before marriage. So many people marry young and think they can make it work out after... That is not the case the relationship needs to work before in order for a marriage to last.

Comments

Red_Curls1995 28

Thankfully you're at a point where you can end the relationship with him without too much trouble. Just because you said yes doesn't mean you can't change it to a no. I hope you can somehow get the airline to reschedule your flight OP the whole situation is just awful.

Whatever you do, don't take it lightly or he will assume he can carry on like that without consequences (if you decide to have a future with this fella). Fly back home early, if possible, and take some time to think things over til he gets back. Take more time than that if you need it. I wouldn't rush down the aisle any time soon. Time will tell you what you need to do. I hate that u felt such heartache on a day that should have made u feel like a Princess.

Did HE send anything to that woman? Cause what i can tell from OPs post he only recieved nudes and he cant be blamed for that

Err #23, if he received nudes by mistake or some girl was hitting on him despite him not being interested, why hasn't he deleted them? Sounds pretty suspicious to me...

I agree 28, he shouldn't have kept them. I still think OP needs to talk things through and find out what happened. Whatever OP chooses is a big decision that deserves as much information as possible. I wouldn't be able to trust after that personally but others are different

He has kept them on his phone for a week, obviously that could just mean he's lax about deleting unwanted messages, or he's keeping them as evidence in case this is a creepy lady who sends him unsolicited nudes and things escalate. I wouldn't immediately leap to it being infidelity based just on nudes in the inbox, but maybe there's more to this that wouldn't fit into the character limit.

Why, though? It's his phone... He's not cheating on her with the nudes.

73: If he's been happily receiving nudes from another woman (and it isn't ****), that is cheating. Cheating can involve a whole lot more than just sleeping with someone else

The difference between one or the other? I would've thought using that logic that **** would be against the rules, too.

Wow that sucks:( he honestly doesn't deserve you or your time, even if he says I choose you instead of her, that's still is not right and you shouldn't be a choice, it should just be you, but hopefully everything will workout in the end

Trust is be my able to pick up your partners phone without concern. Just as I am okay w my partner picking up mine. I have nothing to hide. Why would it matter? You can and will do better.

Curious how you found pictures on his phone. doesn't sound like much of a relationship to begin with. Time to start over!

Depends, was the girl a "real" person (i.e. a friend, colleague, someone he met at a bar/dating site) or was it from one of those automated emails "pornstars" send out with seductive pictures to try get you on webcam and pay loads of money to see them do "erotic" things (a.k.a. end up getting viruses on your computer/phone)? I seen an episode of Jeremy Kyle (or Jerry Springer, I can't remember which - They're terrible either way) and a woman who didn't trust her (previously cheating) boyfriend found similar emails she thought he hid in his spam folder on purpose, he claimed they were these automated "pornstar" emails and he took a lie detector for cheating and he was telling the truth! Make double sure who they're from (maybe try Googling the girl's email address/looking her up on Facebook) before accusing him of anything. If she turns out to be a legit person, kick that guy to the curb!

Sathane 21

FINALLY! Someone with some common sense!

Might be a long week sorry op if you want revenge I'm sure his family would love to learn what kinda dirt bag their son is .:p