By lbailey32 - 04/02/2014 01:30 - United States - Seneca Falls

Today, my boyfriend decided the best way to inform me of his shoplifting tendencies was to steal stuff while we were at Starbucks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 287
You deserved it 4 467

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He might have kleptomania, but that's OK. He can always take something for it.

Comments

olpally 32

Why Starbucks? They suck. Your bf is an idiot.

buttcramp 21

Starbucks has it's yummy things.. and they are laughing all the way to the bank, I bet.

cryssycakesx3 22
Hiimhaileypotter 52

#42- All of your comments I've seen on this FML have been written with an obvious bad attitute. Chill out and try to enjoy life and stop being so uptight on what's meant to be a humorous site.

buttcramp 21

a stupid word would be like "twerk" or "hashtag" lol

Okay maybe I haven't been to Starbucks often enough, but I'm really wondering what you could possibly steal from there. Like, "oh snap! He stole that coffee cup lid outta the trash!" *Gasp!* Because that's all I got. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

buttcramp 21

you could steal various edible goods in the cooler at the register, candies on display at the register, the tip jar, someone else's beverage, any of the mugs, travel mugs, instant coffee, coffee grounds, coffee beans and other stuff on display for purchase.. also the welcome mat, toilet paper from the bathroom, the list could go on but I think you get the idea.

soup_of_the_day 10

Location, location, location. Hopefully he is smarter than this fml implies or OP better run from that one!

Coffee is expensive. If he's an avid coffee drinker (and shoplifter) it'd make sense for him to steal some.

If people really do have kleptomania--an irresistible compulsion to steal stuff, motivated by mental illness rather than personal gain--then what they steal doesn't matter, it only matters that they stole something. The thing can be something of trivial value that they can easily pay for, like a $1 candy bar or something.

xblaine 17

He was just using his 5 finger discount.

Lol my husband stole a dunkin donuts mug for me!

Dump him. It's only a matter of time before he starts stealing from you. I know from personal experience.

cryssycakesx3 22

shoplifting and stealing are wayyy different.

Really 43?? Because if I remember correctly, shoplifting is the art of stealing from a shop. Maybe you should read up on what you're commenting on before you decide to make a fool of yourself.

I'm fairly positive shoplifting IS stealing.

43....you need a dictionary. they are the same.

Uh, no, they aren't. The only difference is from whom you're stealing. You're not OP's boyfriend, are you?

Are you dumb? Shoplifting is stealing. Almost anything related to taking a product from a store without paying for it is stealing. Besides the free samples.

I feel like that's one of the worse places to shoplift if your goal is to not get caught. What a sad and uncomfortable way for you to find out. =/