By neta_1996 - 03/01/2014 02:06 - United States - Mabelvale

Today, my boyfriend broke up with me two days before my birthday. Only to make it worse, I found out that he had been texting my mother on how to break up with me. To make it even worse, she was giving him tips. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 225
You deserved it 3 975

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Perhaps he was trying to find a way that wouldn't hurt you too much.

if he broke up in a sensitive way, then I think your mom need some credit, if he was a douche well...then f them both. And how did you know? ; S

Comments

You're only 17! There's more and better guys you will meet!

At the risk of getting thumbed down into oblivion - I'm sorry, "less worse"? What is that, besides bad English? I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

The phrase, "less worse" is showing how to make the pain as soft as possible. Good day, madam.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

It would probably make more sense to say "better," or "not as bad," but I believe that "less worse" is correct English even though it sounds a bit awkward. So there's no reason to be so nitpicky.

StompinOnCrayons 15

Mother sometimes knows best . It could have been worse.

I can appreciate it hurts, but he considered you enough to think about how he was going to do it. He asked your mum for advice and your mother tried to do the right thing by telling him. It's sad that it was right before your birthday, but think how you'd feel if you found out he stayed with you just so that he didn't ruin your birthday. You'd probably feel a bit embarrassed. Chin up, some relationships aren't meant to be.

I could see my mom giving a guy she absolutely hated tips on how to break up with me. Kind of like a "Well of course I'll give you pointers on how to gtfo of my daughter's life." Sorry you're hurting though.

perdix 29

I was cranking up the **** music to see what the mom and the ex-boyfriend didn't to make the "even-worseness" even worse! And then the FML character limit kick in and screwed up all the fun :(

challan 19

Perdix, I am a bit perplexed by your comment. I believe the **** distracted you from writing in English.

perdix 29

#37, it should have been "did" not "didn't," and "kicked" instead of "kick." I noticed the escalating levels of asperity and tried to amplify it further ;)