By difference between birds and mammals. - 03/09/2012 00:10 - Australia

Today, my boyfriend and I were watching TV and there were penguins laying eggs. He said, "Penguins are mammals, they don't lay eggs." I replied, "Penguins are birds." We fought about it for ages until he realised that I was right, and has since stopped talking to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 429
You deserved it 2 757

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Seriously? He doesn't deserve you if he's that immature. And he's also not the sharpest tool in the shed..

The things that some people get butt hurt over never ceases to amaze me.

Comments

Has he never watched Phineas and Ferb? Mammals can lay eggs!

I bet he also thinks Penguins can talk, sing, dance and live the Latino lifestyle. I feel as if I have ruined someone's childhood.

SeniorHaG 4

>;( You ruined it for me! Oh well, I still think that unicorns exists, that wouldn't ever change!

52- I'm not being a spelling nazi, not am I in any way trying to be rude. But your spelling of Evolution* made me giggle. I don't know how you figured to pronounce it like that to get the spelling. Hehe.

Reminds me of the time my boyfriend wanted to know if I was ovulating... Except he phrased it, ” are you laying eggs yet?” Young guys are funny sometimes OP. No biggy.

P1P_BOY 6

My senses tell me he failed grade 3 more than one time. Back on topic at least you can find someone who is more intelligent and more willing to accept when they are incorrect, FYL.

P1P_BOY 6

That or he gets all his info off of. dare i say it... Wikipedia... JK

FYL but do you really want to be with someone who needs to be told penguins are birds and gets mad when they realize they're wrong anyway?

Wait, he actually saw how penguins laid eggs and he still didn't believe it? That's sad. Everyone is wrong once in a time, but stubbornly believing in your own idea while the evidence proves otherwise... dumb. Reminds me of a high school classfight: I (sharks are fishes) versus ten other pupils (sharks are mammals). We asked the teacher and what was her reply: "I have no idea." I'm still imagining sharks breastfeeding... On a positive note, such discussions make me feel like an incredibly intelligent creature.

Sharks are mammals, though. They're a part of the whale and dolphin family and give birth to live babies (as opposed to an egg).

And yet again someone who should ge back to primary school. How dare you lower my IQ with a post like that if you could just use google... Search for this photo: shark breastfeeding. No luck? Try this one: shark eggs. And what did we learn today? Some people are unbelievable stupid. And I'm an incredibly intelligent creature.

Dekarian 7

63 - Sharks are fish. Sharks have gills. Only fish have gills. There is no mammal that has gills. Sharks are not mammals. End of line.

perdix 29

#63, to make matters worse, sharks are not only fish, but are among the most ancient and primitive fish. They don't even have bones and have cartilaginous skeletons. This reminds me of the time I got in an argument about what color "chartreuse" is. I was alone saying (correctly) that it was bright yellow-green, but six or seven other students said it was some blend of purple-red. And this was at an Ivy League university -- idiots are everywhere!

For some reason, this FML made me think of the song, The Bad Touch - Bloodhound Gang.