By ItWasOurAnniversary - 28/09/2016 12:08 - Australia

Today, my boyfriend and I wanted to kayak. On the way, I told him I had to go back to our hotel because I needed the bathroom and didn't want a public one to smell. Once back in the elevator at the hotel, it got stuck. For an hour. I pooped myself and had to wait 40 minutes after that for help. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 396
You deserved it 2 488

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The moments that make an hour feel like eternity...

I do but if it's a choice between making a stink in public or messing my pant I'll deal with the guilt

Comments

I don't think you should be worried about the smell you'll make in a public washroom, especially so much so that you avoid it and drive back to the hotel. It's a bathroom, that's literary what it's for, other people should expect a smell at least sometimes. When you have to go you have to go, it's unhealthy to hold it. Just use whatever is available, it's a natural, uncontrollable bodily function. Maybe if you're so worried about the potential smell you'll make, carry a mini bottle of air freshener on you in your purse or bag or something, just in case.

I'm guessing you learned something from this experience.

cutiepie292929 18

Omg OP this is actually a fear of mine! How did everything go? What did the elevator ppl say? Tell me more so in prepared!!!

I feel for you, OP. I'm a total germaphobe and thus hate public bathrooms. I try to avoid using them as much as possible.

CliffyB03 28

Honestly, if that happened to me, I would have been crying for the rest of the 40 minutes. But I've also bit the bullet and used a public toilet. When you gotta go. You gotta go

That had to totally suck for anyone that had to share that elevator with you.

As if public bathrooms don't smell enough already.

That's earful!! But you should have just used the public one. The chances of seeing anyone from the gas station again is slim, but everyone is going to remember you as the girl who shit herself in an elevator. FYL OP.

He's a dude. That makes it even worse, since men's restroom already smells.

It is time to issue shares of your "I'm too scared to poop" company to go public...washroom.