By amburrjade - 22/09/2015 05:18 - United States - Austin

Today, my boyfriend and I got in a fight about which is better: Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. We aren't speaking. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 252
You deserved it 9 837

amburrjade tells us more.

Hi guys! I'm the OP :) I'm 19, and my boyfriend's 20. I thought LotR was better, personally. To be fair, I've only seen one of the Star Wars movies, and he's only seen half of one of the LotR movies, so we were both a little biased. This was last night though, and by the morning, it was forgotten. We're all good now. Thanks for your comments! :)

Comments

I don't know wether you deserve it or not because you didn't specify which side you're on.

is that even a question.. Of course its LOTR!!!

STAR WARS. No contest. I tried so hard to like LOTR, but it just was sooo looong and drawn out and way too unrealistic. I mean, little men with hairy feet? Totally far fetched. Seven foot tall walking carpet? Totally acceptable.

that moment when i am i little man with leathery/hair feet... that part is realistic, sadly

"unrealistic"........Well it's in a Fantasy world you know..

KeannaLove 32

LOTR is an amazing series. Tolkien, in my mind, was one of the best science fiction writers period. He had such a way with words that brought his stories to life. I personally choose Star Wars as the winner because it's what I grew up one and I would definitely fan girl if I saw Darth Vader.

Well I was being sarcastic. They're both horribly unrealistic. Star Wars probably more so than LOTR. But I still couldn't make myself enjoy it.

That moment when 30 missed the joke...I mean the ewoks are little men with hairy feet....haha. however. both of these series are drawn out the point of either you love it or you don't care for it.

The moment when #67 doesn't realize that Hobbits are short men with hairy feet. Ewoks are short, furry, leather-hooded, adorable, fierce warriors.

Dark♡Twisty 8

There is only one return, it’s not of the king, but of the Jedi!!!!!

Hobbits or Ewoks. If you choose those leather footed, ugly, short *****... You're wrong.

And of course the people who went "thumbs down" on this, are the ones who get all hot and bothered when Sam yells Frodos name. Get your lotion ready *fapfapfapfapfap*

I may be wrong but I think you got thumbed down because you are telling people their opinion is wrong.

People have a right to their own opinions, so long as they realize mine are right and theirs are wrong.

pharm121 21

LOTR clearly. I mean star wars is alright but the writing style in Tolkens books are just so much better. Not to mention the movies kick ass.

Damn, that's rough. May the force be with you

I'm not sure which button to hit... but I think you've found your soulmate!