By Anonymous - 21/12/2009 04:27 - United States

Today, my boyfriend and I celebrated our five-year anniversary. I got him a new flat-screen TV. He got me toilet seat cover. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 096
You deserved it 4 687

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope it wasn't one of those padded ones that squishes out air when you sit down.. gah, those are so gross. edit: I read it wrong.. A cover? wtf. FYL OP, what a strange gift.

Comments

DoingItWrong 0

If it was a heated toilet seat cover then it was an even trade. I don't think you fully understand how the mind of a guy works if you think that this was a FML.

lickmyjock 0

Was it a carpeted toilet seat cover? Cause IMHO those are simply amazing. Sometimes I just sit on them to sit on them.

You really should open the lid before doing your business, even if the lid is carpeted.

lickmyjock 0

yep. I love it when my butt is coddled my sweet softness.

JustAReaderOfFml 4
JustAReaderOfFml 4

cos im in sargetn pepperes lonely hearts club band!!!! tehe

If you've been dating 5 years I'm guessing you've already moved in together. Which means you're both selfish and bought gifts that you know YOU would be using as well. Its not a FML, its not even a YDI, its a GTFO. The only other possibility is that its a YDI because you should've told him about something you wanted.

That's a HUGE assumption. I know of at least 2 couples that have been dating 5+ plus years and are not living together.

schwinn11 0

ahhhh, a toilet seat, the gift that keeps on giving

tuboshu1986 0

you can't value your relationship by the cost of something! you are too shallow. YDI

That's a bad gift, but since you also named your gift I get the feeling that you think a gift is given in exchange for something similar in stead of, well, as a gift. So YDI.

well, you ever try sitting on a flat screen tv? seriously, a Lorena Bobbitt is in order here. (did you know my predictive text had that name in it????)

guckylynn 19

if you don't live together, maybe it means he'd like to move in together... you never know.

YDI for not talking about it before(so I assume).