By Anonymous - 04/12/2010 05:20 - United States

Today, my boyfriend and I broke up, and he came by to get his things while I was at work. When I got home I saw that the only thing he had taken was my cat. I only dated him for 5 months, I've had that cat for 14 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 608
You deserved it 3 797

Same thing different taste

Top comments

call the cops? I mean there are stories of people being arrested for stealing other people's pets and even holding found pets ransom for an award money.... Call the cops and then this FML will have a happy ending (for you :D)

Dating for 5 months and already living together? Be glad he only took your cat...

Comments

catnapping is a crime sweeping the world, expect a call or letter for a ransom, iv had cases where the victims didn't pay and they got their cat back in the form of Chinese food. op do what ever he says and for gods sake don't go to the cops!

ShadyFTW1 0

Don't worry, that old ass cat will probably die soon anyway.

Assuming OP had the cat since it was a kitten, why assume it will die soon? The cat is only 14. My cats have lived to around 23 years old.

zkchild 0

Probably left you for the cat, your cat just didn't have the heart to tell you.

Call Anonymous. They'll help you with that because they only care about cats.

Anaxes 5

I don't see the FML. All you have to do is break into his house with an axe, grab the cat and walk out with it. If he tries to stop you, break into his pants... With the axe. All the while screaming "You touch my pussy, I touch yours".

get a new cat it would probably die soon.

Why is this an FML if it can be simply fixed by reporting a file?

I completely agree with u euphemism. I got backed over by an old woman in the walmart parking lot while moving a buggy for her, and that got rejected. but yet lame stuff like this makes it through. the mods aren't that great at mod'ing.

jonan1212 5

I fell in a sewer and got rejected

I got publicly humiliated for waking up 3 minutes later than I was supposed to, and I got rejected. Moderators are stupid with acceptance.

Because FMLs aren't life-ruining catastrophes (zing!), ya sadist. Besides, possession is nine-tenths of the law.

maybe ur cat left with him willingly. =x just maybe.

austin1414 3

if he did, it was only for the cookie in his pocket (+2 Internet., spongebob reference)

Are you allowed to award YOURSELF Internets? And are those Internets as useful as Internets awarded by others?

I'm pretty sure austin1414 has broken some code of internet-rewarding.

404wan 19

what are you talking about? a cat doesn't just 'go home willingly'. have you ever transported a cat? you use a carrier, it has no choice.

call the cops? I mean there are stories of people being arrested for stealing other people's pets and even holding found pets ransom for an award money.... Call the cops and then this FML will have a happy ending (for you :D)

Mariah162 0

Unless, her ex-boyfriend finds out she went to the cops and decides to kill that poor cat. Great advice :|

If he killed the cat he would get one ass big of a fine, and probably go to jail. ?????

Dating for 5 months and already living together? Be glad he only took your cat...

There's mention of them living together.

bridgette5866 0

It says he "came by" to get his things. Do you just not bother reading the post?

I've had to do the belongings swap with people that I've broken up with and that's without ever living with any of them. It could just be stuff that's been left behind when he spent the night, or stuff left behind from them hanging out at her place. Him having to retrieve belongings from her house does not mean that they were necessarily living together.

You're telling me that couples don't leave their stuff at each others houses?

I moved in with my boyfriend after 3 months. Turned out great actually.

Maybe he was confused with your pussy.

firecapez 4

Beat me to it, except i would say something more like, "He only wanted to remember how sweet your pussy was, take it as a compliment. :)"

I was gonna say that too! cept I woulda said well if he can't have your pussy, at least he's got your pussy cat!

tell him to bring the cat back... or you are calling the cops. maybe the threat will be enough. i feel sorry for you op, i would be devastated. hope you get your pet back. xx

mathew17986g 2

uhhhh go get your f*cking cat back!!!!!!