By nofriends - 09/02/2016 05:17 - United States - Boise

Today, my boyfriend admitted that he wanted to throw me a surprise birthday party. The only issue was the fact I didn't have any friends to make it happen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 077
You deserved it 1 956

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ramos808 29

Quality over quantity! Your boyfriend obviously cares a lot about you, and I'm sure it was a lovely, intimate birthday

Comments

Hopefully you aren't the type that had friends but once you got a boyfriend you started to ignore them. If so then YDI and if not then I'm sorry OP, I hope you meet a new friend soon.

I've been around those people: I've lost quite a few friends to that type of behavior.

That is kind of what I am wondering as well. Most people don't just not have friends. A good friend of mine got a boyfriend and suddenly no one else mattered!

We do Birthday Parties with family, even as adults, and I surprise party him with his too! Why not that if not anything? It isn't stupid to enjoy time with family. (In hopes that you get along with them, of course!)

Maybe OP has a tiny family. Before I married my husband and got glomped into his massive family, having my family round would be less of a party and more just a family gathering (which granted would still be nice).

You may not have friends, but at least you have a boyfriend, that's something.

Maybe just invite a ton of random people to the party so that you can make friends!

Sounds like u pin pointed the problem

I'll come to your party! I live just right across the border :)

All you need are a couple lovely people to make for a brilliant evening.