By Wolfrunner87 - 13/07/2015 05:06 - Australia - Broadmeadows

Today, my bosses were boasting about their work-funded retreat, including the $1,800 bottle of wine the company paid for. This would be fine if they hadn't just told me there are no funds to pay me for the work they've got me doing. We are also the biggest company in our industry. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 381
You deserved it 1 950

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If the company can afford to send them on a retreat and an expensive bottle of wine, then they can afford to pay you for your work there. Go to HR and explain the situation. If they don't do anything, go above their head.

Comments

I'd suggest having a chat with Fair Work Australia. I'm pretty sure it's illegal for them to not pay you for work you're doing and it sounds like the dodgiest excuse ever.

'Their are no funds'? The grammar in this FML is almost FML-worthy in itself.

Don't worry, all that will trickle down to you.

You can probably sue them for refusing to pay you.

I'm sure there's a government agency you can contact for help getting the pay you're owed, if not a lawyer who specializes in employment law can get your back pay as well (EDIT: tried to fix previous post, ran out of time)

rhcpgurl 18

Real quick, they cannot just not pay you for the work you did. I live in the US so I realize things might be different where you live, but once my former employer was screwing me and other employees by not paying us the full amount we deserved. And I found out they just purchased their 7TH restaurant. So I quit and reported them to the Department of Labor. A few months later everyone got their money and the restaurant was closed down. Not to worry everyone got better jobs soon after. I say you best report them. If the company paid for the bottle of wine they can get in HUGE trouble. Good luck!