By Anonymous - 26/03/2016 18:02

Today, my boss tried to fire me for not emailing him a screenshot to prove my email wasn't working. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 020
You deserved it 1 318

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some people are just born with less brain cells than others Op.

Comments

Was there something important going on, like a major deadline? Some times stress makes you over look the little things.

Should have told him you are having a massager bring the computer over

Actually, if you have a smart phone you can take a picture and send it to your boss in an email. It will even say sent from your phone so he can't say that you're pulling a fast one.

Way back, before smart phones, I once contracted to fill in for someone until their company could hire a replacement. One morning, her email address stopped working. The IT guy happened to be passing my desk just as I discovered this, so I asked him, "Did you disable Laura's email address? I can't get or send mail." He said, "I might have, I don't know, I've already done so much this morning. Send me an email, and I'll check when I get back to my desk." I said, "Um..." He interrupted with a snippy, "Between now and the time I get back to my desk, eighteen people are going to ask me questions, and I won't remember them all, so you HAVE to send me an email, or it won't happen." I said, "Okay, but the problem is that I don't have any way to send email." He started to turn red and said loudly, "WELL, THEN, SEND ME AN..... oh. Sorry. Do you have a Post-It or something?" I wrote, "Turn Laura's email back on," on a Post-It and handed it to him, and he walked off, embatrassed.

Unfortunately, common sense is not that common.

Your boss must have a lot of free time!!!! Might be a good idea to change boss?

How the hell can you email someone if your email isn't working?!

email me the solution when you figure it out!