By that violates the Geneva conventions - 05/08/2016 09:33 - United States - Simi Valley

Today, my boss ordered me to read the Twilight series in order to determine if they are "appropriate" for his daughter to read. I'm a 25-year-old bank teller, and I definitely don't remember this in my job description. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 455
You deserved it 989

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If it's an order from your boss then presumably you can read the books at work on full pay? Although personally I'd rather be working!

I've known sadistic bosses, but that takes the cake! Any chance you can tell yours that based on what you've heard, those books aren't appropriate for anyone to read?

Comments

You probably /think/ Twighlight has nothing to do with your job, but in a fashion similar to Mr. Miyagi's training in Karate Kid, you'll come to realize the many parallels between bank telling and being a stalkery vampire. Pretty soon, commands like "watch Bella sleep" or "sparkle in the sunlight" will be the equivalent of "wax on" and "wax off" to your bank telling endeavors.

#13, I have the biggest crush on you right now. because of this.

Edward is a creep, the relationship between Edward and Bella is unhealthy and the writing sucks, so no.

askullnamedbilly 33

Just tell him the series is about an incredibly old man trying to seduce a teenager, I think that should be enough for him to decide his daughter is never touching those books.

Nah I think you mean it's Bokku no Pico

I would say no. That is not part of your job and I would go to HR about this.

It really depends on how old his daughter is though.

Not sure why OP's boss doesn't just look up some book reviews. My guess is that the boss is just playing a prank on OP to see if he'll read it

Your taste in books is horrible. #sorrynotsorry

There's this thing called Google, and it knows all. Ask Google, or to put it in understandable terms, Google it. I'm not affiliated with Google in any way.