By Anonymous - 17/03/2015 14:54 - Canada - Sherwood Park

Today, my boss chewed me out for leaving a work function early. I explained it was to avoid a former co-worker I constantly fought with. The boss revealed he purposely invited that former co-worker, hoping our fight would provide entertainment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 482
You deserved it 2 994

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ThatOtherMegan 30

That's unethical of him & quite immature for someone who holds a powerful position in a company. Hope you sorted that out with your boss.

Comments

jimmer23 21

I know this won't be popular, but be civil. Your boss isn't being totally callous if you're causing scenes. You're at work, be professional. Although, your boss is kind of an asshole for setting you up.

I just said this up there but I'll say it here to. You don't know for a fact that the OP is the problem. Heck the fact that they left early to deliberately avoid a problem indicates they might not be the cause. It's possible that the former coworker is the one who keeps picking fights and refuses to let off. There is only so long that you can have someone following you around and egging you into things before you'll eventually respond. We don't know enough about this apparently on going feuding to know who the actual problem is. Also even the most "civil" arguments can be entertaining as hell to witness.

OP was being civil. That was the whole point of leaving early.

jimmer23 21

I absolutely concede that you could be right, I really don't know the circumstances. I just think it's easy enough to avoid a fight if you want too, avoiding the situation isn't always necessary.

You need anger management therapy. Fighting is bad and useless no matter what.

"Fighting is bad and useless no matter what." Remember kids if someone attacks you, just let them kill you because fighting is bad. If the Government wants to take your rights away, let them, because fighting is bad. Violence is bad and if not acting in your own defense, useless. Fighting has it's uses and not all people who get into fights need anger management. They are mostly just human. Also again, why assume the OP is the one starting the fights? They could be, but they could also just get dragged into them. You can tell yourself over, and over that you aren't going to let someone get to you but that doesn't mean you will actually succeed in not letting them get to you.

Human beings are weak and puny people who indulge in violence and therefore one has to defend themselves. People should be and are capable of being perfect like jesus.

I'm going to assume you're trying to be sarcastic here... Jesus the real person or Jesus the super-hero from that Bible people keep bashing us with? That's one heavy piece of fiction....

BBlah 26

I swear 25's just trying to troll us now

#25 if you're going to be this persistent with your comments, I would ask you change your picture as your obvious Internet troll face bothers me.

And btw reading my comment pissed you off for absolutely no reason, go take anger management therapy.. It's hilarious to see people getting angry.

150493x 29

Aren't you a joy to have around.

Hahaha Chill chill, Im quite bored at the moment and commenting absolute rubbish to seek everyone's attention xD :P I hope the administrators dont ban me. And yeah im quite fun to be around :D *waiting to get down voted again*

I bet people are always, mysteriously, getting angry around you "for absolutely no reason." Must be incredibly entertaining for you.

That's highly unprofessional of your boss to put you in a situation like that . I agree with leaving early to avoid conflict. Most people would say stick it out and be the bigger person, but we all don't know your history with this individual, so I think you made the right choice .

I would find a new job right away. what an ass!!!

happysmile987 24

That reminds me when I was a child my sister and I would put my two neighbour's cats and make them fight. I really was ****** up back then...

Frillwee95 12

Holy shit....why their cats and not squirrels or something? I can see Morgan Freeman narrating the aftermath "Two things happened that day: a carpet had to be replaced and poor mittens never walked again."

When i see these type of posts i always wonder if the OP is aware that fmylife is popular and its highly likely that even your bosses frequents this site. Not that you can be fired over it I suppose but it definitely wont make going to the office easier. That being said your boss isnt very professional is it...

TallMist 32

Honestly, if I were in their position, I'd flip the boss off and leave, if I could afford to. No sense in working under such a toxic person. Especially if they're brining in other toxic people to purposely antagonize you.