By Anonymous - 22/11/2009 07:31 - United States

Today, my boss called me into her office to tell me I needed to mind my own business and not question everything my newest co-worker does. Yesterday, I stopped the new girl from giving $6,000 to the wrong person. I was fired on the spot. The new girl was promoted into my job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 639
You deserved it 2 999

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Does the company know about the $6,000 thing? money like that is a big enough deal you should have told em, if you did then that's ****** up

Comments

danceoo 0

well maybe she wasn't really wrong, maybe you were wrong. iunno

bobsanction 18

Go to your bosses boss and explain what happened.

whoomps 0

What boss would seriously be that dumb? Sounds a little made up to me.

You should've just let it go and the new dumbass would've been fired instead of you, probably. If your boss would've said anything, you could've just said that you were only doing what you were told to do.

Inked2009 0

ALL fml stories have to start with today it does not mean it actually happened today moron.

Erniesduck123 0

Yes, I'm sure they were aware that all FML's start with "today" and usually this isn't a problem, but they OP could have worded this better. It really doesn't make a lot of sense. They were fired on the spot yesterday, but today they were called into their boss's office. It makes it seem like the conference with the boss happened after the money incident, though it really happened before. We have no idea when the conversation actually took place or why.

Unfortunately, stuff like this happens all the time...while the timeline seems a little messed up it could likely be that it was yesterday the person was told to mind her own business concerning the new girl and today she stopped the new girl from giving the money to the wrong person and was fired on the spot. Bosses really can be that stupid. They are only looking at the fact that the poster didn't follow their boss' directions...but karma will kick them in the rear soon enough. Especially if the new girl does someting that stupid again.

Why do people always say stupid things like this? "Karma will get them." Yea, I'm sure it will. Which is why inept bankers crashed the financial market last year and this year are making record bonuses. Lets just face the facts, we live in a screwed up world where the innocent get taken for a ride and those who abuse the system come out on top. That's just the way it works. Karma is for people who are too weak to take care of things themselves. If I were the OP my (ex)boss would be catching a cab home tomorrow cause their car isn't going anywhere with its . . . (insert favorite destructive method here, be it potato in the exhaust, piss in the gas tank, or my favorite, 4 slashed tires).

Agree with #76 (although I wouldn’t destroy the boss’ car lol). The only ‘karma’ that can come out of this is a huge financial loss as a direct consequence of the new girl’s incompetence. Realistically, you can look forward to that ^^

Can people not sue for unfair dismissal in your country?

borabora1991 0

dude... here in the States the rule is that you can get fired at any time and your boss does not have to explain why he/she fired you. it could be business related or personal, but they dont have to tell you. it sucks. i hate the justice system when it comes to jobs over here. i have a friend who was sexually harassed by her 58 year old boss at work when she was 18 (shes 19 now) and shes tried taking him to court but he won the hearing even though it was just her word against his (they are the only 2 that work at the business). since she quit her job and lost the hearing she doesnt get unemployment either and her sorry boss get away with it. its terrible. but shes appealing it. i just wish things were different...

perdix 29

I'll bet the new girl has really big ****. That would explain it.

Are you implying the boss is a lesbian? I'm betting they went shoes shopping together and totally hit it off, realising how they were both airheads who can communicate so well about fashion, make-up and *NStynk. Don’t worry OP, you can only find a better job now!

perdix 29

Not necessarily overtly. I've seen where male bosses take a shine to attractive men under them and female bosses favor pretty women even though they are not openly homosexual. Maybe there is some sort of latent homosexuality going on, but it seems that straight people are influenced by the good looks of members of their own sex. Also, the female boss may realize that the customers would like to deal with a worker with nice, big ****. Especially one that hands out large sums of money randomly.

this has to be fake. It's illegal to just fire you on the spot for something as stupid as that.

Hi there. Are you a lawyer? No? Good, because if you were, you'd lose a TON of cases due to not knowing the law. Google the phrase "at will employment". kthx

Unfortunately, it's not illegal. If Washington is an 'at will' state people can be fired from their jobs for any reason. Heck, they don't even have to give a valid excuse for firing people if they don't want to.

janise 2

At-will employment means there's no employment contract. You don't know whether or not there was an employment contract. For all any of us know there was an employment contract and the OP was wrongfully terminated. If that's the case the OP could sue for wrongful termination. Know what you're talking about before acting like a smartass. Kthx.

janise 2

All states in the U.S. are 'at-will' states. At-will employment refers to employment without an employment contract. It doesn't effect your right to sue if you have a contract and are wrongfully terminated or if you were terminated illegally. Although, if there is no contract then you could only win if the employer violated a law in firing you (i.e. firing you because they found out you're gay).

crap09 0

I'm gonna try to clear this up for some people, so this is the format: Today, The boss told her to mind her own business. Then, it's a flashback to yesterday to when she stopped the new girl from giving the money to the wrong people, and the flashback ends, and she gets fired, in the "today" part. Not sure if that is right, but that's what I think.