By Perdedor - 07/01/2009 21:54 - United States

Today, my boss called me in to tell me I had got a raise. I bought a $1500 Chanel bag. Two hours later he called me in to tell me he was kidding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 903
You deserved it 44 978

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It was stupid on your bosses part, but even more stupid on your part. Here is some advice for you: don't spend money that you don't have! But, I guess anyone who spends $1500 on a handbag wouldn't be smart enough to do that. The next time you want to throw away money like that, give it to me and I'll use it to spend on my tuition.

Comments

are you dumb? was this bag made out of the hair of Polynesian virgins? cuz if it wasn't then there's no reason to spend that much money

designer bags fail. Ydi for being a retarded spendthrift

aldotheapache 0

that's exactly what I thought. Definitely something that he'd do or has done before.

It's a Chanel bag. They are always expensive.

you think its a coincidence your boss played a joke on you? Ur an idiot!

Okay guys, she was excited, she was celebrating. You're honestly going to tell me that you've never spent money on something you didn't need? Everyone does that sometimes, especially in celebration. And her boss is a prick for doing that to her. And #8, in's DRAWER, not draw.

#8, I can honestly say that I have never payed $1500 for something when I could have spent a few bucks for something that serves the exact same purpose.

Chocolate_Chunk 2

I did spend money for something I diddn't need. it was about $10. do you see the difference?

ceinaworus 0

holy shit! I found a 20 dollar bill on the sidewalk!!! I'm gonna go buy a hundred pet rocks!!!!!

She's a materialistic dumbass for buying a $1500 dollar chanel bag...

ebwaef 0

Well that is quite a generalization!

nainai_09 14

Ummmm not $1500 on a damn bag. Does it carry itself next to you while walking around? Does it hand you stuff on its own? Is it magic or something? Stupid. Excited or not, she wasn't being very intelligent.

Anytime you're offered a job or raise, GET IT IN WRITING.

your like Paris Hilton on a budget. Stupid with limits.

Damn I don't even want to correct the error, that was so good

It was stupid on your bosses part, but even more stupid on your part. Here is some advice for you: don't spend money that you don't have! But, I guess anyone who spends $1500 on a handbag wouldn't be smart enough to do that. The next time you want to throw away money like that, give it to me and I'll use it to spend on my tuition.

thhopelessrmntc 0

Yeah, people, stop saying it was foolish to splurge on a little treat for herself when she was celebrating a raise! She had thought she had come to a pretty decent amount of money; she may have acted on impulse, she had reason to believe she had the money to back it up! It's not to say she spends that regularly. That was very rude of your boss, by the way. He could have atleast told you he was kidding BEFORE he tricked you into thinking you had reason (and extra money) to 'celebrate'. Regardless, it was cruel and unneccessary. An occasional joke is fine, but not when it's affensive and cause consequences for others. Sorry this happened to you, you DID NOT deserve that... not at all!

Chocolate_Chunk 2

$1500 are NOT a little treat and therefore she DID deserve it and more.

Wow. You really think $1500 is a "little" treat? Dumbass.

rootbeerfanatic 6

# 1, hilarious! thats exactly what i was thinking!

inlimbo11 0

Okay, so it was an asshole move on your boss's part, true. But you're still ******* stupid for going and buying a $1500 bag that probably costs less than 5 dollars to make, labor included, before you even got off work that day! I mean, really? Who the **** does that? Not to mention the fact that you weren't even intelligent enough to ask for a written and signed statement, which would've save you from your false happiness and spending $1500 you probably don't have to spend. You absolutely deserved that.