By Late - 12/11/2016 07:45

Today, my boss at my new job yelled at me for being 15 minutes early to work. Last week he yelled at me for being late for my shift when I arrived 5 minutes early. He's considering this my final warning before I'm fired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 195
You deserved it 710

Same thing different taste

Top comments

5 minutes before work time, you're late. 15 minutes before work time, you're early. You OBVIOUSLY need to come in 10 minutes before work time to be right on time. Logic and all. But seriously, if your boss is like that, I'd just start job searching now.

mermaidkeels 26

Sounds like he doesn't know at what time you're suppose to go in...might want to double check with him before he (wrongfully) fires you. It'd be even better if you can get it in writing/email so you have proof.

Comments

I hope you have to clock in somehow for your sake. Print a log for yourself and a wrongful termination lawsuit when he fires you so he can hire his girlfriend.

Well if he does, you sue for wrongful terminating and subpoena the punch clock and your own schedule.

sounds likes he's just looking for any excuse to fire you. Sorry OP

I know it's a tough job climate, but I'd start looking for a new job right away. Put in as many applications as possible. Your boss sounds kinda crazy.

I guess you're from USA? Otherwise, contact your union.

We have unions in the USA. Not for every job, but we do have them.

If I were you, I would keep pictures of when I clock in. If he fires you, you'll have proof and fight it.

You need to start sending out resume', YESTERDAY!

Curious about your boss' nationality. Not to generalize, but I supervise several employees from a certain Caribbean nation with a very poor sense of time. "15 minutes is not late!" they scream, when they live in the building.

Are you clocking in on the time clock early? I don't know about the late part, but sometimes if you're too early on the time clock you can get your managers in trouble with corporate.