By cain001 - 04/01/2011 00:56 - United States

Today, my boss and I were stacking boxes in the back room of the store. One of the boxes fell and hit me in the face, causing me to lose my glasses. My boss stepped on my glasses as she ran to check the box for broken merchandise, which I then had to pay for. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 048
You deserved it 2 533

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Pay for the merchandise, and then demand your boss pay for your property she destroyed. If she balks, go over her head.

No, no, no. Why do so many employees think that they are personally responsible for expenses associated with workplace accidents? Damage to equipment, merchandise, or the facility is the responsibility of the business owner as are employee medical expenses resulting from the workplace accident.

Comments

DakotaCat 4

Yeah it must really suck if you have to drive home. Your boss should pay for new glasses, they are more important than the merchandise which can wait.

No, no, no. Why do so many employees think that they are personally responsible for expenses associated with workplace accidents? Damage to equipment, merchandise, or the facility is the responsibility of the business owner as are employee medical expenses resulting from the workplace accident.

LesCDeal 6

Exactly. The company needs to just bill out the broken merchandise and move on. If this is true, the boss is on the wrong side of the law and the OP is a pushover...

eeMay 0

I don't think it's legal to make you pay for that box. And your hurt face & glasses should be covered under workman's comp.

tictactesstor 0

"stacking boxes" in the back of the store...sounds like a sexual innuendo

lemonypower 6

Exactly what I thought. Glad to know I'm not alone.

prontopup20 0

bitch slap that *****, then rob her. trust me it works.

File a report against them and sue. Not only could you have been seriously injured they also broke your glasses and made you pay for the crap that fell