By Anonymous - 19/09/2010 00:36 - Austria

Today, my bag, including phone, money, keys and cards, was stolen. In a church. During my wedding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 435
You deserved it 3 132

Same thing different taste

Top comments

LittleMissRaven 0

There's a saying: The worse the wedding, the better the marriage. Here's to an AWESOME, long, and happy marriage.

Comments

sallen0046 4

What bride brings her purse inside the church for the ceremony? And why would you leave it lying around unattended for any reason. This isn't 1950; you keep on eye on your shit at all times, no matter where you are. If you can't do that, you lock it up in your car.

Maybe we should be able to trust others to leave things. Especially in a building at an event where everyone should be friends or family. Also, people who attend church should be trustworthy enough to not steal other people's things. It's also possible she didn't leave it unattended, but she asked someone to keep an eye on it, but they forgot it. However, it still sucks.

underyourbreath 8

Wrong. MOST people who attend church are NOT trustworthy.

Correction; I said SHOULD. Here, I'll explain: Assuming because they said church we're talking a form of christianity, one of their commandments says you shouldn't steal. Therefore logically they should be trustworthy with people's stuff. And at the church in the village I live in, that would be the case, and the people there are more likely to hand it in to someone assuming it was lost, or take it back directly.

yes. logically the pope would love and adore children. ahem...

hidingoutt7 0

wow people these day next time don't bring so much expensive stuff if you no you won't be watching your purse

YouSuckAtLove 0

This is why you leave stuff in the trunk of a car.

I leave my stuff in the trunk of your mom

YouSuckAtLove 0

awesome you can be my new stepfather.

mahimalil 0

If you leave stuff in the trunk someone WILL steal it. You should have given the purse to your mom or someone you can trust.

perdix 29

Who cares? You're going to get a bunch of wedding gifts anyways, so you will be loaded. You'll also need to get new cards with your new name and a new phone, so your husband can peruse your records to make sure you're not still screwing around with your other boyfriends. And congratulations on entering the wonderful institution of marriage, where no one makes it out alive. OK, people make it out alive, but only after some amputations and other mutilations.

LittleMissRaven 0

There's a saying: The worse the wedding, the better the marriage. Here's to an AWESOME, long, and happy marriage.

perdix 29

The converse is also true. My wedding was great :(

that's horrible.. :( as what's worse is that it may have been some one u invited to ur wedding.

hey that sucks, Something like that happened on my sister's wedding. Some guest gave them gift card or checks and they got money from the dollar dance, my sister put everything in a box and put it under the table she and her husband were sitting at a few hours later when we were cleaning up the box was still there.....the contents of the box weren't...they stole it all.

sum people have no conscience. it really ***** me

OMG that is so sad! I hope you get your stuff back :(

aadk 0

how are you writing on FML when you just got married. who does that? oh my god, I'm married. oh wow my purse was stolen, I better go on FML and whine about it there haha

Babushka_Homyak 10

1. FMLs aren't required to have happened the moment the story goes up on the site. 2. It confuses me why some people complain that people are complaining on a website specifically made to complain.