By MumMatters - 09/09/2016 10:26 - Germany - Hamburg

Today, my babysitter told me to find a replacement, so I tried to bribe her into staying by offering her a raise. She told me that the money would be better spent on an exorcist. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 141
You deserved it 4 217

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just find a babysitter who can handle sociopaths. The world needs your child to be "high-spirited" and not exorcised.

Perhaps you need Nanny McPhee. Or Mary Poppins, depending on what you're hoping to accomplish.

Comments

This is one old FML the omen was a Long time ago...

I think if she suggests that then you should do it....

Perhaps they had a legitimate reason to go such as other work or a family matter. Most people don't just end their job abruptly. Well, at least I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.

"Better spent on an exorcist" is a pretty clear indication that the babysitter is done with OP'S kid(s). Babysitter isn't quitting suddenly either, s/he warned OP to find a replacement.

Oh no. How the hell did I miss that last part? Well then, I stand fully corrected. That girl is just a twat. It was early in the morning and based on what you've seen I'm easily coerced into leaning towards the brighter side of things. I accept my downvotes.

Learning to read the whole FML before commenting will help in the future.

Just find a babysitter who can handle sociopaths. The world needs your child to be "high-spirited" and not exorcised.

The world definitely needs LESS sociopaths, get that demon exorcized! Kids now a days are so entitled..

Hyper kids are high spirited. Entitled assholes are entitled assholes. Maybe OP should try being a better parent and discipline their little demon once in a while.

Better yet get a babysitter who will train your child to channel their sociopathic tendencies only on bad people.

Perhaps you need Nanny McPhee. Or Mary Poppins, depending on what you're hoping to accomplish.

A savage response, a bridge burned, a less-than-stellar response to any questions about recommendations. Seems fair.

If they gave that response they aren't worried about a reference or keeping ties with OP

If your child is bad enough to make a nanny walk out, that can only be your fault

Burle 17

That's a lot of judgment, how do you know the fault doesn't lie with the nanny? Maybe she's incompetent. You just assume bad parenting? Think of how the op will feel when they see your comment

Better not point out root causes to problems, someone might feel bad.

Maybe OP, needs to realize the child is a brat... And correct the problem, rather than to offer more money...and continue the cycle...

Burle 17

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? There's absolutely no proof that it's the parents fault and not the nanny. We're a bunch of strangers on the internet making judgments on people's lives, don't think your comments don't have an effect

Burle 17

How do you know what the root cause is? You don't. You assume the worst and then feel entitled to tell someone they can't parent.

Probably because many people have experience with bratty kids? While it may not be op's fault, it's up to then to correct it. Trying to bribe a nanny to stay isn't trying to correct it, it's trying to get them to put up with the behavior.

If someone feels this way about your child, it is best to find a replacement. I wouldn't want my child to spend time with someone who doesn't care for him.

Then maybe your child shouldn't be a complete asshole like it sounds like OP's is. I once babysat two kids who after I left told their mom that I locked them out of the house for an hour; all because I didn't let them play their playstation (which their mom told me she didn't want them playing all day).

If your child really is that bad, you should consider different parenting techniques.