By LockedOut - 25/07/2009 00:55 - United States

Today, my auto-repairman told me my heavy mass of keys was bad for the ignition switch and suggested I separate my house and car keys. I began to carry my car keys and lock the house keys in my glovebox. My car was stolen. I now have car keys but no car and a house with no house key. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 431
You deserved it 14 985

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Duckie101 0

I dont think u thought this through

1st off) Always always alwayssss have spare keys! 2nd) If your car got stolen with your house keys.. change your locks. 3rd) It's usually a good idea to have a trusted friend or family member keep a spare house/car key just in case!!! That sucks ass tho!

Comments

Wow people are very ummm....dumb! Seriously do you think one key is going to make a difference?!?! Oh yeah you have to have tons of key chains right? Or wrong? Then you must have 20 doors on your house and have different keys for all of them right? Your lying about this to make a good story aren't you? Or are you just a ******* dumb ass. Your so ignorant it makes me sick. Proof of insurance? Yeah they'll find your car probably totaled though, but you do have insurance right? Yeah so no big deal.

Wow. What made you so bent out of shape. It is quite obvious that she had LOTS of keys for different places. If you are too stubborn to accept this, here are some examples: house, office, gym, mailbox, safe, safety deposit box, husband/wife's car, guest house, tool shed, random key chains, miscellaneous spare keys or many others that I cannot think of right now. YOU are the dumbass. Take a chill pill.

Y'know when you see those posters in car parks that say "Do not leave valuables in your car"? This is why...

How were your keys so heavy that it was bad for the ignition? Do you have a lot of keychains? Are you a janitor or something? And why didn't you just put your house and car keys on the same ring? I'm confused.

when he said seperate them he didn't mean like that

Lmao this one made my day! But seriously how could 1 house key weigh down the whole ignition? Seiously you must've had a load of keychains on it something! & in future: always hide a spare key round the back of your house.

Never, ever, EVER hide a key anywhere outside your property if you have any attachment at all to your belongings. Under a plant pot? Under the doormat? What about one of those nice garden ornaments with a hollowed out space underneath? Thieves aren't stupid.

Usually Thieves, think it through, so it doesn't matter if you hide a key because they would either know about it before they came or they would just break in. Also if you think about there are a shit load of places to hide a key, it just seems obvious to the person owning the house because you know where it is. It is a good idea, and besides how often do people get have their house broken into?

Anyone with half a brain wishing to make entry to a house will first check the door is actually locked, then check around for a spare key. Trust me, people are predictable even when they don't intend to be. They'll hide the key within 10 feet of the door almost without fail, and always somewhere obvious enough that they can find it again when they need to. If you want a backup key, give it to somebody you trust, leaving it outside your house is just asking for somebody to come looking for it one day while you're out and help themselves to the contents of your home. And if you're unlucky, the insurance company won't pay you a bean because your security was poor.

letitbe56 0

If you had a "heavy mass of keys," did it not occur to you to take off all the keys to stuff you don't open on a daily basis and keep them separately somewhere in the house? Or if it was really just your car and house keys...that is one huge-ass house key. I have several car keys (to different vehicles) and my house key on my keyring and it's not a problem at all. I'm not sure what to make of this...but I know you shouldn't have left your house-key in your glove box. I'm not going to say YDI, because it's not your fault your car was stolen, but still.

Are you a janitor or something? You're talking about 2 keys. Two. How is having those on the same keyring a problem? Move your other keys to a separate one.

Why the hell did you think this was a good idea? YDI. Pretty straightforward here.

I don't see the problem. Just pull a Henry Gates and bust down the door. If a cop thinks you're trying to break in, just yell at him and say he's racist! Problem solved!

LOL perfect, you made my day - yell "racial profiling" and you're home free haha ;D