By KatielSilver - 20/05/2013 05:44 - United States - Lakewood

Today, my allergies started up with a vengeance. Yesterday I broke 4 ribs and fractured my sternum. Every time I sneeze, I swear I can feel the broken bones move around. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 455
You deserved it 3 123

KatielSilver tells us more.

KatielSilver 1

It was an ATV "accident". My ex - boyfriend broke up with me on the trail and then purposely spun us around a turn too fast and I was thrown off the back. He still doesn't understand why I didn't find it funny like he did...

Top comments

TheHarvest 7

just wait till you gotta use the bathroom : fyl

Ouch. Ask your doctor if there's anything s/he can do.

Comments

That just sounds like one of the most painful things....ever.

olpally 32

Good god. Lots of rest op. all you can really do.

abukaramel 10

Taking some allergy medicine will at least stop the sneezing

yeeeeouch!!! I'm sorry op, that totally sucks.

I'm so sorry :( ...ask the doctors if there is anything that can help you with the allergies and pain.

imagineapc 11

That's because you can feel your bones move every time you sneeze, cough, etc. Ribs are designed to move with inhalation and exhalation, so of course sneezing is part of that. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to completely rid yourself of pain. Your ribs will heal over time.

MzZombicidal 36

That happened when I broke my rib! I feel your pain, OP. Either you destroy your bones or suffer the itchiness of a lingering sneeze. It's a lose-lose!

Never broken my ribs but i've had them bruised and that killed bad enough can't imagine having them broke. And as far as the sternum goes use a couch pillow to hold against it when you cough. Trust me I've had 2 open heart surgeries and the pillow helps keep the bone from moving around as much

miyaviichan 27

May I ask why? Your comment led me to believe you get hurt rather often.

27, the pillow thing worked for you? Lucky! I had severe sternal and rib injuries, and people suggested the pillow trick for me but it never worked, just made it hurt more. Maybe I pressed too hard?

Try eating local honey to build up a resistance, it really works!