By Santa - 25/12/2014 03:01 - United States - Cocoa

Today, my 8-year-old daughter was throwing a tantrum, and I said "Keep this up and I'll tell Santa to take your presents back." She told me I don't even know Santa, at which point I accidentally blurted that I'm "Santa". FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 546
You deserved it 13 426

Same thing different taste

Top comments

JMichael 25

She had to find out sometime. And what better time than when she's being a brat.

tehaustiebear 34

Personally, I don't like relying on the idea that kids should stop throwing tantrums just so they can get their presents. It'll objectify their actions, and make it all about the "What's in it for me? " attitude. Instead, perhaps try to explain why a good behavior is actually important, and why we try not to burden those that care for us. Maybe it won't work for everyone, it worked for me.

Comments

she had to find out eventually. she was being a little brat anyway. she'll get over it.

ethans22 5

Maybe if you don't make a big deal out of what you said, she will forget. Good luck though.

So did you go through with taking the presents back?

smh never argue with children, their responses are always so out there, that we are caught off guard and lose

Or… you just suck at arguing to begin with?

Wow, people are being absolute assholes over a child throwing a temper tantrum...I can almost guarantee every single one of you threw some when you were 8 years old. Them being angry about something doesn't justify trying to emotionally hurt your child. Was she going to find out anyway? Yes. Was that a proper way to tell her? Absolutely not.

Sure, it does! I know what it means to be a kid, and I also know that kids are vile little ***** who scream and cry and break things over silly trivialities.

tantanpanda 26

Well it sure justifies physically harming your child. Throw a tantrum in the middle of the store? Get slapped in the face. Get off your soap box and stop acting like telling a child that santa is nonexistent is going to psychologically scar them when they're an adult. What kind of adult would still be emotionally scared because a guy in a red suit that delivers gifts to EVERY house in the world in one night doesn't exist?

Sounds like she got on your nerves just enough make you throw your own hissy fit.. Cough cough.

It worked for Tim Allen. He told his family that he was Santa and they never once suspected that his sack of toys was actually filled with cocaine. And he would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling airport security guards.