By Anonymous - 19/10/2014 20:58 - United Kingdom

Today, my 7-year-old used the word "crap". When I told her that she mustn't use that word because it's rude, she simply replied, "Mother, you should hear the words I use at school." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 477
You deserved it 5 780

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Teach her to say weird things. Like: "Holy hand socks!" "Oh, potato!" (Potato is always the answer on the internet). "Well, ain't that a load of pickles?" "Well, politics..." We need more spontaneous weird people. Warning: she may make fun of you or be made fun of at school.

Comments

By far one of the best FMLs I have read :)

It's true though I remember being introduced to the word Swear words around that time in school. But I'd be asking the School some questions in relation to if the kids are swearing so flippantly why has she not been contacted?

she probably Dosnt mean there really "bad" words just stuff that's bad to a 7 year old

As long as she didn't learn them from you.. Ask her class advisor about it if it's true i bet she's not the only one and the school should do something about it

Astrum14 24

When did "crap" become a bad word? When I was a kid, it was the acceptable alternative to "shit".

Since it's invention. It's not as bad as shit but still a bad word and not something a 7 yr old should be using.

I was wondering this, too. I've used "crap" up until high school and wasn't scolded for it. It's not a bad word at all. I don't see why OP would be disappointed over that part.

Ah I remember the days when "I'm not your friend anymore" was the worst thing you could say to another kid.

Either that or "you're not coming to my birthday party"

"Crap" was never considered a swear word in my house, I wasn't even aware it was a bad word till I said it at school and got in trouble for it!

thecman25 14