This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By mylifesafrickenmovie - 05/07/2016 15:25 - Canada - London

Today, my 66 year old father introduced me to his 28 year old girlfriend. The day after my mother introduced me to her girlfriend. They just split up last month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 334
You deserved it 24

Top comments

Just give it some time. You'll adjust. It's not like you have to call either of the new women "mom". That is not a sentence I ever thought I'd construct in this lifetime, by the way.

As long as they're happy, I guess... But yeah, I understand that it can be hard to get accustomed to.

Comments

As long as they're happy, I guess... But yeah, I understand that it can be hard to get accustomed to.

Just give it some time. You'll adjust. It's not like you have to call either of the new women "mom". That is not a sentence I ever thought I'd construct in this lifetime, by the way.

I can't agree with others on the whole "as long as their happy" It's up to the parent that if they're going to date they should really know and love the person before introducing them to their child. As a parent one shouldn't bring random love interests into their kids lives so soon or the kid may end up seeing their parent in a not so great way. Especially one month after a divorce? They should've been more considerate of their child.

My parents split about two years ago. The day my mom moved in to her new aparment her new dude was with her. I agree that it's a dick move against their children to do that. I don't think it is okay, especially not against my dad (they were married for almost 30 years). But today they are both so much happier. And I'm guessing that OP, like me, is an adult and can probably see that they divorced for a reason. If the children are under ~10 years old I totally agree that you should wait a long time before introducing a new partner.