By anon - 05/12/2015 00:32 - United States

Today, my 6-year-old daughter watched The Lion King for the first time. Now, whenever I ask her to do something, she replies "Hakuna Matata" and doesn't even get up. I think she took "no worries" to mean "don't give a shit about anything". FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 133
You deserved it 2 821

Same thing different taste

Top comments

When she asks for something, tell her Hakuna Matata. She'll soon get the idea!

lat187 18

Comments

Hakuna Matata to u OP. She's just a child when she'll grow up....she'll understand.

Mathalamus 24

Just a question. Why are you asking your six year old to do anything?

Would you not ask your 6 year old to clean up their toys after play for example? I personally feel its good parenting.

because#19 it teaches them at a young age responsibility.

Really? "Brush your teeth." "Pick out some clothes to wear." "Quiet now, it's time for bed." All reasonable things to ask a six year old to do. I highly doubt she's asking her to remodel the house or anything else outlandish.

Mathalamus 24

Lay off, it's been a while since I was six. And I never really considered this. Meh, good thing I know I would be a shitty parent. And banned children because of that. Still better than most parents, though.

Exactly, order them. You're supposed to be the one in charge.

SaniK 17

Of she does that again just lean in real close, like uncomfortably close and whisper in her ear "I killed mufasa for not doing what I asked him to do" then walk slowly out of the room and right before you exit turn around and make the same request again then wink at her and leave.

You should tell her that she doesn't get to watch any tv until she can learn to respect you because she will keep doing it as long as you allow for her to, I know she's only six but it doesn't mean she to young to learn some respect especially to her parents.

msmedieval 11

This. Just because she's six doesn't give her a free pass to do whatever she likes, especially if it's a non-negotiable thing like listening to her parents. Kids need boundaries & if they don't learn to follow rules when little, they'll only get worse as they grow up.

Exactly. Or else they become crappy, self-entitled adults that the rest of the world has to deal with.

SilentSin 23

Well at least you're raising her right by letting her watch the older Classic Disney movies