By thanksad - 23/08/2013 01:38 - United States - Cerritos

Today, my 50-year-old dad was in a foul mood after taking an online test that put him in Slytherin house instead of Ravenclaw where he "belongs" because he's "so smart". FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 409
You deserved it 3 683

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fhl seriously, everyone knows Slytherin is where all the dark wizards come from!

Comments

raytyler26 16

What the **** kind if test is that??

WTF is wrong with people. Taking this shit so seriously. Oh no, the ring is talking to me again...I need to find some short hobbit friends and travel to modor. **** that...ring can you talk in a sexy voice.'!!! Oh yes OP tell your dad next blue moon the smurfs will be here

How it is possible that a 50-year-old man who should be grown up already takes this nonsense serious like a 10-year old boy? It’s a modern fairy tale and fairy tales are for children! If OP’s dad gets upset by such meaningless test results he’s anything else than smart.

I guess the Harry Potter fans are going to bury my comment. By the way, I had to google it to find out that OP made a Harry Potter reference and I don't feel sorry for this.

Sorry you have no sense of fun and/or the ability to read. Also, dissing Harry potter doesn't make you 'hip' or 'cool'. It makes you look like an idiot to all the people who know its a beautiful, complicated story about doing what's right in the face of danger and animosity, and far more than a 'children's story'.

#77 personally, I find it to be the greatest love story ever told. Snape's feelings for Lily broke my heart in half.

Harry Potter isn't just for children. It is a beautiful story about fighting for what you believe in and for the future of the world. It teaches friendship and love. It saved my life, I started reading them when I was seriously depressed and it gave me something to live for. I really hope one day i can meet Jo Rowling and thank her.

Axel5238 29

I find it slightly disturbing your dad is that into harry potter. It's cool your dad is into I'm guessing some of the same stuff you are? Though comes a point where you let stuff go. Harry Potter was a great book series for kids. It wasn't the next lord of the rings of course, but it did it's job for the kids growing up in the late 90's and 2000's.

Harry Potter isn't just for kids. Alot of people, myself included grew up with the franchise and now I'll always love it. I was in my late teens when the franchise ended, I'm 25 now. Ironically I put the books on my Kindle last week and am currently in the process of re-reading them all. Currently on Order of the Phoenix.

The books ended when i was like 13 and the movies finished when i was 17. im 19 and still love harry potter. my 46 year old mother loves the series to. so does my 21 year old brother, my 23 year old sister, my 20 year old boyfriend, and my 10 year old cousin. there is no age that you need to stop loving what you used to love. im still in love and obsessed with harry potter and disney. growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

How dare you sir!!! Harry Potter is amazing, ESPECIALLY for adults!! My grandma actually loved the books

I'm a Hufflepuff! I thought for ages I was a Ravenclaw, but after I had a hatstall between Slytherin and Hufflepuff, I accidentally put myself down as a 'Puff. After doing some research into house psychology, I have discovered that Hufflepuff really isn't all that bad. ^_^

Well, with that foul mood, he might as well be in Slytherin. I'm sure him and Draco will make the best of friends...

150493x 29

I hope he doesn't turn out to be a Deatheater in disguise

I wouldn't call them filthy... They aren't. I just wouldn't wanna be in Hufflepuff either. Gryffindor all da way fo me

Funny as this is, it's pretty cool he likes the movies/books! How many parents are like this? Not enough.