By Anonymous - 08/03/2014 01:16 - United States - Newton Center

Today, my 5-year-old son thought it'd be a good idea to pee into the heat vent in the hallway of our apartment building. The whole building now smells like urine. The landlord is a 6-foot ex-convict. He wants answers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 550
You deserved it 6 900

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Either run as fast as you can or just play the I don't know what you're talking about card.

Comments

meggieeeee92 27

And kill someone's else's dog who has absolutely nothing to do with your own child or your parenting? How would the dog have gotten into your place to begin with, And it just happened to leave before you could stop it? Left by itself, too? You didn't happen to think this all the way through, did you?

I fail to see where she mentioned killing anything.

Why would there be killing? No one mentioned killing. Didn't think that all the way through, did you?

This happened in the hallway. The OP wouldn't have had to let the dog in anywhere.

Dog piss has a different smell than human piss anyways, dumbass.

Am I the only one who wants to know the story of what led to your son peeing in the vent?

Because it's possible to supervise kids every second of the day.

Yes, it is possible to keep your spawn from running around outside your apartment unsupervised. So many kids, so few adequate parents.

#24: This happened inside the apartment - The FML says it was in a hallway. Besides, heat vents are normally inside anyway..

ThomasBombadil 31

I had a cousin who did this onto the top of a hot wood burning stove in the basement whenever there were guests over to impress them with how mad his father would get.

It was in the hallway of their building. So yes, outside of their apartment. Read better.

It was the hallway of the apartment building, so I assume that means outside their apartment and in a communal area. OP should come clean about what his little brat of a son did, offer to help pay the costs of cleaning up the mess, and dock it from what allowance he gives his kid or make him use any birthday/Christmas money to pay the cost.

cryssycakesx3 22

they have hallways inside apartments too.

cryssycakesx3 22

ah. I just reread. I accept the shame of being buried.

bleedingglitter 24

Little boys have the ability to pee anywhere and will try to pee everywhere if they are ever allowed to do it outside of a toilet even once. My brother dropped his pants and peed on someone's porch while trick-or-treating when he was 4 without any warning.

Don't judge your landlord merely because he made mistakes in the past. People like you are part of the problem with society. The fact that he's working and taking responsibility for his life right now is a credit to his name. In this instance, your charge messed up, inconveniencing a building full of people. Step up and accept responsibility. It is not your landlord who is the problem here, it is your son and your reprehensible attitude towards the situation.

It may not necessarily be because of his past, and just because she's scared doesn't mean she's what's wrong with society... It could very well be that she's small and his height is intimidating. She has every right to be scared, and I don't think she's trying to stereotype him because of it.

threer 30

"She" is a he.. Don't try to stereotype females, now. Simply because he had a child and was afraid of a large man? It may just be a simple mistake, but people guessing genders here can really say something.

i agree with #42 on this, its normal to feel intimidated by someone who is taller than you are

threer - Your point about people guessing genders isn't as profound as you might think. As speakers of English, we're forced to guess the gender of the person due to the lack of gender neutral personal pronouns. It does say the person's gender up top, but we've all made careless mistakes in speaking. This is nothing more than a careless mistake.

threer 30

"They" "OP" "the writer of this post" I believe there are gender-neutral pronouns, 91. I realize that it may just be a mistake, but it does say something about people's perception of gender. Thank you for taking the time to respond in a non-batshit way.

doglover100 28

All I can say is good luck with trying to explain how that even happened.

StompinOnCrayons 15

Right, your gonna want to pack a bag with clothes, and pack an empty one also. Grab a green luggage tag and get on the subway after knocking 3 times on the attendant's door. Take the second train and cough in morse code. At the airport you will meet a man called Maurice. He will give you new identities in Mexico. Throw them away and go to Barbados, using the disguise kit provided (fake moustaches) to avoid detection. That way you don't have to give the landlord answers.

I like the way you think! Completely foolproof, no one could possibly find the OP after that.

I think you forgot the "accidentally" crash the plane into the mountains and build a cabin there part. after that, chuck Norris approves

cryssycakesx3 22

how do you pack an empty suitcase?

put on you're orange overall "dead man walking". good luck OP, but it is your kid, so clean this shit/pee up

What was that little **** doing in the hallway of your apartment building unsupervised? I want answers.

Lately the FML got a little "un-FML-ish". But this. THIS.

Pour something worse down the heating vent and explain that the urine smell wasn't so bad after all.