By Anonymous - 26/03/2016 15:36 - United States - Mckinney

Today, my 5-year-old daughter said "Mommy, why doesn't anyone wanna marry you?" I've been asking myself the same question for all too many years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 938
You deserved it 1 972

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's better to not be married than to be married to someone who isn't good to you. Just focus on being the best mom to your daughter.

lilchica22001 22

I love how kids have zero filter and just say whatever is on their minds. And you don't need to be married...just focus on being the best mom you can be to your daughter :)

Comments

You don't need a man in your life to make your life worthy! All you need to do is look in the mirror and that should be enough!

Trust me, there's no greater loneliness than being married to the wrong person.

Hey, it's okay, someone will come around for you so don't freak out about it too much. ^^

narnianstars 8

Marriage is an antiquated idea. You don't need a piece of paper to show you are committed to some one. Just be the best possible momma to your daughter. That's all that really matters.

The answer is so simple, she's right in front of your face. Men are weary of single moms because it requires accepting the baggage of raising and being responsible for a child, specifically one that isn't their own.

"Men are weary of single moms" Uh. I know so many good men who are happy to help raise a child when they love someone, regardless of if they're the biological father. Family and love is about more than blood and genetics.

Yeah that's nice. Put it on a Hallmark card. The fact of the matter is that single women with children already have a handicap in the dating market, hence the difficulty for the OP securing a commitment as serious as marriage.

writergirl1029 17

Don't bother, 22, he's a Drumpf supporter.

24, are you trying to pull an ifunny and get attention by hating trump?

Good point. Boys should be weary of single motherhood because they need a father figure involved in their lives for healthy development.

If most "men" are so egotistical that not being the one to specifically put their dick in OP at that specific time precludes them from being willing to help raise a kid who's otherwise perfectly adoptable because their love for OP's conditional on fathering the first kid with her, I'm not sure that's OP's loss.

Also, the whole "single moms are BAD where the father figures at" idea needed to be flushed a long time ago. You going to walk up to two lesbians and ask them which one mows the lawn? Find a couple of gay men and ask which one wears the frilly aprons? There's a whole lot of unwanted or abused kids out there whose lives would be improved by a healthy relationship with a single mom. Don't shit on mothers playing life on hard mode because somebody died or left them.

hannah_dl 11

Don't bother with him, I've seen him commenting before, he's either a troll or a living breathing mass of misogynistic and racist stereotypes. Not worth the attention either way.

Ugh, figures. Thanks for the heads up.

404wan 19

This comment is spot on. Maybe marrying someone who has a child is no big thing if you're already in a long term relationship. Starting something with a single parent is a big hurdle for most people, no matter how loudly ideologists claim otherwise.

element0 8

Just remember, more and more marriages are ending in divorce these days. The rest are ending in death. So count your blessings that you aren't married.

No relationship is better than a bad relationship. If you find someone good, keep em. But don't ruin your life for someone who doesn't love you.

I now notice that the first sentence was phrased kinda weird. I meant that it is better to be in no relationship than to be in a bad relationship.

Your kid wonders why because they think you deserve it , OP.

Why would a 5 yr old ask that? Is it that you are giving off the messages that your child is reading, that you need to get married? Children pick up what we display.