By pinky - 06/01/2010 18:12 - United Kingdom

Today, my 5 month old son decided that my lip ring was a toy. Thinking it would be ok, I let him touch it. He got his finger caught and pulled his hand back. The lip ring is still in, but now I have a huge gaping hole in my face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 511
You deserved it 53 834

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ummm, anyone with kids knows that jewlery and kids don't mix well...

LauraTheKiwi 0

Comments

NeonWar__ 0

perdix, you think you're so amazingly funny and smart, but you're not. I've seen several of your comments on FML and judging from them you seem to have a pretty huge ego. everyone makes mistakes, get over it. it was posted, stop making stupid sarcastic remarks.

I think perdix is funny! :D He uses sarcasm, ever heard of it?

Sarcasm doesn't really work in text when you're saying the exact same thing the majority of other sincere posters are, but feel free to wet your pants and offer to suck perdixs dick some more over having read a comment and gotten the oh so subtle ironic humour of it which sets you above most downs and autism suffers.

waterynuggets 0

Someone's bitter on the internet and makes essential "retard" jokes like most other 12 year old FML readers. Film at 11. Didn't even notice that comment was from Perdix and didn't really care til this person said something. Scrolled back to see what they were talking about. But only because I luv internet white knights.

It wasn't a retard joke. Autism and down sufferers generally don't understand sarcasm. I said "getting" sarcasm pretty much just puts you above them in the intelligence department. At any rate, I wasn't replying to you and I couldn't really care less if you're a perdix fanboy or not.

I wasn't Cheshire. "Most" autism and down sufferers. Not "most other".

waterynuggets 0

Uh huh. Lulz Get some new pedals with that outfit, btw.

Twinklestar-I wasn't replying to you but your comment speaks for your age and intelligence, mmk hon? If you don't like perdix's brand of humour, that's perfectly fine, but a lot of people do so why don't you take that stick out of your ass and stfu.

thank you. someone else who thinks perdix's comments aren't funny.

@#23 Comparing me to Perdix is a major offense to my mental well-being. It's very insulting to be told to be more like someone who makes unfunny sexual references in almost every FML. I do use sarcasm, sometimes. It just gets old after a while. You can't be funny all the time. Being more direct can be a better way for getting your message across, especially when the OP really has it coming. Take, for instance, lip rings, 360's, alcohol consumption. These are very bad things and must be taken seriously. AND NOW FOR THE BREAK! Gimme a break! Gimme a break! Break me off a piece of that KIT KAT BAR!

Theletterzero- but I wasn't talking to you.... Or telling you to be like perdix.... The comments are screwed up, I was responding to the post that said that perdix wasn't funny, blah blah blah and was stating that I thought he was funny... But, alas, the comment is gone... Unless I'm not the #23 your speaking to, then I apologize, I'm #23 now...

perdix 29

Thanks to all my supporters here. Don't think those who don't like me offend me. On the contrary, I'd feel like a failure if EVERYBODY liked my humor. It would mean that it was generic and formulaic. I try to be free and creative and that means some people will never like what I say and even those that generally like me will see me flop from time to time. I'm just going to keep doing what I do. :D

You keep rocking on Perdix! I love your comments and sense of humor! I've seen some that pissed me off but what fun would it be if I liked em all? You keep reping for our brother Starfire! Even though Twinklestar's comments make no sense at all...she either needs to skip his posts or get the **** off of FML if all she's gonna do is bitch and take crude jokes up the ass. It's FML for Perdix's sake!

littlelemur 2

This is something women learn very early with babies. That sucks, though lol. At least he didn't rip it totally out and swallow it. That's also popular with kids.

caliredsox 0

If you're old enough to have a kid, you're too old for a lip ring. YDI

i didn't know there was an age limit on piercings?? i could've sworn the law was 18 and up...

mckibabe 7

No, any age can get piercings not just people above 18. Haha

Ugh, how can anyone miss that? I mean, my nephew who is 11 months old, and my friend's son who is 2 1/2, both enjoy trying to play with my nose stud! o_O

At least your smart enough to Not let them pull it out of your smell detector...

You're never too old for piercings. If you have your ears pierced, it should be no different from having a piercing any other part of your body, just saying. It's just hypocritical.

damnrosi 0

it is hypocritical, but it is also justified. Earings are seen as socially acceptable because the majority of people who wear them act in a socially acceptable way. Other piercings are not acceptable because the majority of people who get them are ridiculous people (teenagers typically) who act in absured socially UNacceptable ways in order to get attention. Unfortuantely if you want society to accept facial or body piercings you're going to have to get rid of the people who perpetuate the stereotypes associated with them, and this, of course, is impossible to do.

Yes you can... Imagine a 90 year old women, withbsaggy boobs and her nipples pierced... *shudders* ;D

I think that statement is bs. First of all, I'm extremely responsible and have had quite a few piercings. Granted, most of them are out. I kept the ones that I personally believe look good on my. My Monroe, my tongue, and my nipple are among these. I am 19. You can say "I said most not all, dumb ass." but I don't believe that to be true either. Piercings are becoming more and more acceptable these day. My step mom had her belly button pierced and my dad does piercings. He works for the government as a respectable employee.

I actually got my septum pierced at sixteen, I paid for it myself. Before I got it I had weighed the pros and cons, talked with my parents to see if they were okay with it, and made sure that I could work with it. I wear a clear plastic ring that I have flipped up in my nose so I can work without issue, but if I'm walking around and not at work, I wear my other rings.

deaditegirl 0

YDI for letting a 5 month old anywhere near a body piercing. You clearly aren't intelligent enough to be having kids.

#14 - Wrong, perdix is one of the best commenters on FML and as soon as I see that avatar I know I'm in for some comedy gold. Lighten up. OP YDI.

Veritas143 0

14 said she loved perdix?..I'm a little confused

There's something messed up going on in the comments. Sometimes my comment thread disappears, but when it doesn't, it shows that I'm #14. Weird.

No, no she didn't. She insulted him. And he definitely IS one of the greatest commenters on here, and OP absolutely DID deserve this

marshmallowmouse 0

Lucky for you, OP, lips are the fastest healing locations for facial piercings. take the ring out, pull your lip together, and get it repierced through or behind the scar tissue in a few years when the kiddo is old enough to know piercing-pulling = no-no.

The ring didnt get ripped out, the hole just got stretched when the kid yanked on it. All he has to do is leave the ring in and let the hole shrink back to normal (or close to it). It was basically just accidental gauging.