By Fido - 06/06/2016 11:58 - United States

Today, my 3-year-old girl accidentally caught sight of me stepping out of the shower. Now she thinks "daddy has a tail" and she just has to let everyone know about it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 480
You deserved it 1 540

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey, at least your child thinks it's long enough to be considered a "tail".

NoThanks999 19

Tell her only mommy can see the tail ;)

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

No it won't, when she's older this will just be a funny ember adding story from when she was little

PePziNL 20

Your first time must've been very awkward.

Lmao.. This FML made me laugh too hard

Momperella 5

My daughter used to tell everyone that "Daddy's pooping". She would point and say "Look, it's poop! It's poop!"

I did the SAME thing and my mother never lets it go. Every time you want to embarrass her in front of anyone ever, just mention that story. Works from ages 13 to... I don't know, it's still embarrassing and I'm 20.

Knoro 6

Why wouldn't you let your child see you naked? It's totally normal.

My kids were much younger when they knew what the difference between boy and girl is, how the parts are called and how to properly clean their own set. They were about that age when they learned the basics about how those parts are used when they are adults and fall in love with a person, and that it is OK to play with said parts when nobody else is watching, and that only they themselves are allowed to touch them. I've read plenty studies (my friend is a psychologist and provides me with a lot of material), that kids are the least likely to suffer abuse if they are (age appropriately) told about sex.

3 seems a little young to learn about sex. I understand teaching them about private parts, how boys and girls have different part, how to clean them, etc. But I think the sex talk should wait a couple year.

The sex talk should come up when they ask how babies are made.

Be happy she isn't using the word "little" to describe it :D Don't sweat it OP, she'll find something else interesting and your tail will be a thing of the past.

comrade850 9