This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By jealousy much? - 18/07/2018 19:00

Today, my boyfriend and I announced to my son and his daughter that they'll have a half-sibling soon. His daughter was stunned, and my son disgustedly went: "No! No! NO! Your unemployment and his disability checks aren't even enough to pay for the bills of this house!" He's 14. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 571
You deserved it 7 236

Top comments

If what he said is true, what the hell are you thinking having another child?

I mean to be fair, it's not jealousy if he's pointed out anything that's accurate. If it's inaccurate you should assure him of that and assure them both that having a new sibling doesn't mean they mean any less or not enough. Sounds like he's concerned about finances and to a point that a fourteen year old might be ahead of his peers on. Trust me if he's already considering financial burdens he's probably scrutinizing himself harshly about them as well and that can mess you up at that age. Especially if you wind up with a surprise genetic disease that only amplifies your anxiety about that stuff.

Comments

If what he said is true, what the hell are you thinking having another child?

Smart kid. Now those limited funds are going to have to stretch even further until you're able to get a job. And that can't happen until you've had your baby.

I mean to be fair, it's not jealousy if he's pointed out anything that's accurate. If it's inaccurate you should assure him of that and assure them both that having a new sibling doesn't mean they mean any less or not enough. Sounds like he's concerned about finances and to a point that a fourteen year old might be ahead of his peers on. Trust me if he's already considering financial burdens he's probably scrutinizing himself harshly about them as well and that can mess you up at that age. Especially if you wind up with a surprise genetic disease that only amplifies your anxiety about that stuff.

I can't describe how much I love your answer

The only way a child will worry about finances is if finances are a problem and made clear within the household. Clearly these two morons shouldn't be reproducing because they don't set a very good example to their current kids of how to responsibly approach big life decisions like that

Is what he said true? If it is, why the hell are you having a baby? I feel bad for your kid. No kid should have to worry about bills.

I ready thought her 14 son had a daughter

Condoms and birth control is free at the clinic. Even then a condom doesn't cost as much as raising 3 kids.

cptncuttlefish 24

If what he’s saying is true, you’re in no position to be bringing another child into the world. If you can’t pay your bills you can’t pay for another kid.

Wow sounds like the teenager should be running the household but he is 14 time for a job to help out and there are these things called condoms and birth control.

I don’t mean to sound cruel, but I hope this child was unplanned. If you were actually trying to have a child with the state of affairs you and your boyfriend are in, that is incredibly irresponsible of you. You should have been trying to find a stable job and reassure your step(ish) daughter and son that the financial burdens were not their problems, and that you and your boyfriend would do everything in your power to create a stable environment so that they could grow up. Even if things were tight from time to time, there would always be a roof over their heads, food on the table, clothes on their backs and love. Instead you seemed to have completely dropped the ball. If what your son said is true, you may not have made the effort to look for work, and now that your pregnant you’re definitely not going to find an employer that’s willing to hire a mom-to-be just so she can go on maternity leave and become a liability. As for your boyfriend being disabled, there isn’t much he can do there, but you two were selfish and let your family down. You are not a new couple who can do whatever you want, you both already have responsibilities to your children, they should have came first before your own desires and wants.

TxKitten79 10

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Abstinence is. Anal sex is. Oral sex is. Same sex sex is. If your goal is NOT to get pregnant, you can 100% guarantee you will not get pregnant. Other than rape (heaven forbid), there are NO truly unplanned pregnancies

Eheath12Jheath14 8

If he speaks correctly, why is the 14 year old the one thinking responsibly??