By Nicky13Na - 12/09/2017 23:15

Today, I hit the six-year mark for daily vomiting. All the doctor can say is that it's psychological. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 168
You deserved it 307

Same thing different taste

Comments

I imagine you have great abs though, so there's that at least.

smellmy69finger 1

was there ever any question that it was psychological considering it being daily?

AJ1001 2

so I have been almost daily throwing up sense age 13 I'm now 21 I have something called POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) maybe look into that.. I was declared bi polar until someone tried testing for something else

>AllMessedUp< 8

being bipolar i never had issues with throwing up is all i can tell

Sandra Foran 10

Definitely get a second opinion. My mother used to vomit daily when I was very young, and it turns out she had horrible acid reflux. Your doctor sounds like a quack!

Can't wait to see your post again next year

PeterB444 17

My ex had a heart condition that made it randomly beat really fast and she'd vomit, maybe that ?

Keep seeing new doctors until you get a better answer. Meanwhile try cutting different things out of your diet. I would start with wheat or dairy.

Get a second opinion, or several if you have to.

malsomethingorrather 5

I know two people who have had the same issue. For them it was both caused by severe anxiety. Their bodies get stuck in fight or flight mode. Do you also sweat a lot, specifically the hands? And find it happens when you're especially anxious over something? There is a great psychological test GPs can give you to test your level of anxiety to see if you're above average. But even if this is the cause the doctor shouldn't just tell you it's all in your head. They should refer you to a psychologist to learn methods to overcome it. One friend found morning exercise changed everything. And of course there's always the chance it's one of the other suggestions people have made here that are more physiological not psychological. Good luck either way!

17uc17 3

Get a barium swallow test. it could be that your throat muscles are messed up.