By fckdorms - 09/05/2016 14:04 - United States - Columbia

Today, like every other day, my roommate's alarm began to go off at 7:30am. What time does she have to wake up? 10:00am. Why does she have her alarm go off for two and a half hours? Because last semester she needed it to go off then and she is too lazy to change it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 325
You deserved it 1 094

Same thing different taste

Top comments

take room mates alarm set it for 11am see how long it then takes them to set it correctly

Too lazy to set the alarm later? This is a paradox

Comments

I got up at 5am for work, I really don't feel sorry for you at all. 7:30am would be a dream come true for a lot of us.

So just cause you have an early morning schedule, it's ok for other people to be disturbed unnecessarily by a lazy roommate's alarm going off for hours before they need to get up? That's pretty inconsiderate. You get up at 5am, imagine if another person's alarm went off for hours before that time for no reason, disturbing the sleep you could be getting, would be kind of frustrating, wouldn't it?

Justy101 23

I get up at 3:30am for work, yet I don't feel the need to discredit the quality and amount of sleep that others get simply because they get up later than me. I also have sleep apnoea and feel constantly exhausted, and still I don't have the mind set that no one should complain about feeling tired just because "I have it worse". People are allowed to feel the way they do without others telling them their feelings are invalid.

Hey, 13, before my maternity leave, I got up at 2:30 am to go to work everyday. Now I get up whenever my child requires it of me. Does my story beat yours??? Le sigh If you don't like your schedule, get it changed or find a new job. Don't discredit other people's problems because you feel like your situation is worse. You don't know OP, or there entire situation. Time can be relative as well. When I had to get up at 2:30am, my bedtime reflected that. So I didn't mind getting up at 2:30. Traffic to work was amazing! So maybe OP doesn't need to get up till later, but has to stay up for a late evening class, so they're now inconvenienced by this alarm going off (for no good reason) when they are still working on their 8 hours. TL;dr, get over yourself, you are not the center of the universe and your "problems" do not trump, or negate other people's.

I was too lazy to change my watch for daylight savings time, so it was an hour off for six months

but it didn't come with instructions so I would have to mess around with it for an hour before I figured out how to set it

You can google the brand and model and find instructions, you know. The Internet is useful for more than FML and ****. Also, it's a watch. Only so many ways they work, and it doesn't take an hour to figure out the method.

I have 11 alarms set between 4am and 5:30 am just in case. I'm not a morning person, and sometimes it takes me forever to crawl out of bed.

countryb_cth 38

My ex was like that. Drove me up a wall because he would not wake up to turn them off since he was a deep sleeper. So they would go on for hours and he always forgot to turn it off on the weekends.

Oh_bother44 11

My boyfriend is like that too- I wake up to fully as soon as an alarm sounds but he sleeps through them for what seems like forever. He also uses both a clock and his phone for alarms and he never really wakes up enough to realize which is going off despite having different rings- it's easier for me to just nudge him and say "phone" or "clock" so that he pushes snooze on the correct one. By the time he's ready to actually get up I'm wide awake even if I don't have to be up for another 2 hours :P

If the alarm is their phone just call it and it will shut off.

So speak up and tell her it bothers you. This is a YDI.

countryb_cth 38

Oh yah it's totally OP's falt that their roommate's lazy. I mean they should have gone into their roommates room at 7am, wake them up and let them know how much the alarm bugs them. You soo deserve it OP... (sarcasm)

havahnegila 22

Unplug it from the wall. She won't think of you and she will have to reset everything.

This happens all the time among students. My roommate would set very early alarms so that he can wake up early and would sleep off anyway, while I have to listen to the alarm blare every 15 mins.

Wait so she wakes up and doesn't turn off the alarm? Can someone explain?

My roommate did the same exact thing, hours before, because apparently he needs it to keep going off that far before to be awake by then, but he loses out on sleep because of it? But at the same time he has slept til 2 pm after going to bed at a reasonable time. only difference, he would set about 5 alarms and would snooze them all, so it was just a barrage of different alarms going off, eventually all adding up where he would have to snooze 5 separate alarms in the matter of 30 seconds every 5-10 minutes