By full moon - 08/09/2016 02:37 - Canada - Ottawa

Today, it was the first day of school, and I split my pants. In a full class. While on a stage. I'm the teacher, and I wasn't wearing underwear. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 964
You deserved it 9 019

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI for not wearing underwear.. Especially when working in a school!

MetalxSoldier 26

Why would you not wear underwear on the first day? Especially if your going to be ON a stage in front of students.

Comments

Op may not be the brightest out there. Always wear underwear to school.

Lmfao, I'm sure some of the students enjoyed the view. Some probably sneaked some pics. Js.

I'll probably get downvoted for this, but a lot of people don't wear underwear to avoid panty lines, and most people don't anticipate that their pants will rip (it happened to me once - super awkward, although I wasn't going commando fortunately). Pants can rip even if they're not super tight - sometimes they're just old or cheaply made. Anyway, hoping you were able to hide the rip before too many people saw anything!

But the OP is a teacher. And ALL teachers NEED to wear underwear, regardless if ANYONE thinks not wearing underwear is daring / hot / etc. The ONLY exception would be a 'Sex ED' teacher. Which is what the OP became when the OP chose not to wear underwear when She / he works with minors.

If you want to avoid panty lines, then wear a thong, or if you don't like those, there's also full underwear made of thin material that's meant to not give panty lines either. There's not really an excuse to wear no underwear, especially as a teacher.

Right, but my point is that I don't think a lot of people who go commando do it to be "hot" or "daring" - some people do it to avoid panty lines with dress pants, which can look unprofessional in itself. Obviously this experience shows why that's a bad idea; I'm just surprised at how many people associate this with being risque.

I completely understand your point, icefishbaby... but one would think that trousers that are so tight and thin that they show panty lines are already kind of unprofessional.

24: I understand what you mean. I had a student once ask me during lunch duty what something was on a female teacher. I found myself at a loss for words when I turned to see what the student was pointing at, then seeing the teacher bent over cleaning up a spill, causing a thong to be visible through her dress.

In what universe would that be appropriate for a Sex Ed teacher? How does that make a difference? Sex Ed teachers are supposed to EDUCATE students about making responsible choices, not teaching them to have sex by "demonstrating" for the students.

I disagree, a lot of dress clothes, especially for women, are form fitting, not loose as that looks unprofessional and sometimes sloppy, and thin material.

Trousers don't have to be thin/tight to show a pantyline. All my professional trousers would show one if I wore full briefs with them. But then that's why I wear a thong with them. Really not difficult.

rldostie 19

Depending on the material of the pants, panty lines can be seen even if the pants aren't tight. Not everyone wants to wear thongs--some people find them uncomfortable and they can lead to hygiene problems. People seem to forget that teachers are human and don't always have everything planned perfectly. I was a teacher for a while and while I generally had my clothes planned out the night before, there were times I put pants on and went, "holy shit! Panty lines!" And maybe I didn't have thongs available that day or maybe I didn't want to wear them but I've gone commando and guess what. No one was the wiser. Panty lines would've been FAR more distracting to my students. This choice to go commando didn't make me a bad teacher or unprofessional. No one knew, no one was distracted by looking at lines on my ass, and life went on.

PANDORUM89 21

I'm obviously going to be the odd one out on this, but why is it anyone's business what goes on underneath a person's clothing? If they don't want to wear underwear then they don't have to. The only way it becomes inappropriate is if the person is wearing something that has a high risk of exposing the genitals. Pants are not high risk and it does not matter where the person works. Unless they are going commando to make it easier to rape someone or to Jack off at their desk then the OP did nothing wrong. Everyone needs to hop off the "omg that's disgusting" train and stop being so judgemental.

hellobobismyname 24

I completely agree. I'm actually shocked so many people find it so inappropriate. OP wasn't wearing a skirt, and I'm sure they weren't expecting their pants to rip that day and expose themselves. I myself don't find going commando comfortable, but some prefer it. She might have done it because that's just what is comfortable to her. Why is it a big deal? As long as someone is wearing pants and they aren't see through or made from super thin material, I don't know why it's so awful, even if there are kids... Do people put their pants on and think to themselves "This might rip today, what underwear would make me look more professional if they do?" Judging by all the comments, people won't like my opinion either, but I really just don't understand what the big deal is? It's almost as if people think this makes OP a pervert or a paedophile.... What is the logic?

I don't care if people go without underwear, my issue with this is it was at her job, which is unprofessional, especially as a teacher. It's a workplace, not your home or free time. I remember in school, students were ostracized for wearing non-revealing tank tops just because they gave an increased risk of exposing something inappropriate. In this case, underwear is no different. She risked exposing herself to the kids, which is not something they should see. At least if she was wearing underwear, she has extra protection in case something happens.

PANDORUM89 21

So going off of your logic, what exactly is OP allowed to wear? Thongs, Cheekies, and Lacy underwear are not "appropriate" for young children to wear, so that means teachers can't wear them too? Also those are more revealing underwear and if she split her pants again the class could see her red thong! So should she wear boxers? long johns? leggings under her pants? Sports bras because they aren't flattering? Should they be limited to colors like white black and beige? My point is that it isn't anyone's business what someone wears regardless of their profession. As long as the intention isn't something bad like pedophilia then it doesn't matter. It sucks for OP because the pants ripped in front of other people and it was an accident. That's the end of it. Not everything needs to be a huge deal because people can't relax and realize mistakes happen and not everything should be limited and blocked because of the children's "innocence".

ViviMage 38

My call center job actually can fire you for not having undergarments on, because Indecent exposure is on the person doing it, not the person charged with sexual harassment after the exposure. I didn't make the rule, I just can't go commando at work due to it. And if it's a rule, follow it! Or pass the eye bleach!

36 once her pants ripped, nothing is appropriate. What if she had worn undies and those ripped to, would you be saying 'that's why people that work with kids should be wearing back up undies'

Before getting on FML, i never knew so many people went commando

You're a grownup and a teacher — wear underwear.