By perfectman - 12/06/2012 10:34 - Australia - Sydney

Today, it was my first time meeting my fiancé's parents. My future mother-in-law had cooked steak, hearing it was my favourite food. I somehow managed to bite my tongue, and then blurt out "Fuck!" just after she asked me how it was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 294
You deserved it 8 367

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't feel bad everyone has done something like that at some point or other in their life

In a situation like this it is always best to continue speaking (and not hold your tongue, as the saying goes. e.g. Mum in law " How is it" OP "**** *slight pause* ...ing awesome!!! My taste buds just ejaculated all over my tongue" OK, you can leave the second line out when talking to the inlaws, but you get the picture, right? Practice will perfect the skill. FYL

Comments

You could've pretended it was SO good that you had to express it with an outburst!

miyaviichan 27

I would like to think that swearing in this day and age is not so bad as it was back in the day. I think you'll be alright dude.

perdix 29

You need to have a better pick-up line when you meet a hot MILF.

it's ok, prefix. I thought it was funny!

perdix 29

Thanks. I liked it. Usually, I can feel when a comment is going to get buried, but I thought this one would be OK. What do I know?

But if you know when a comment is going to be buried why even post it?

smydiwannafthata 5

Tell her, you meant it was as good as a **** with her daughter.

How the hell are you gunna meet your FIANCE's parents while shez ur fiancé? Dude u need to meet the girls parents while you two are still dating! Cuz its just awkward for everyone if ur just some random person that pops up out of nowhere and just HAPPENS to be the fiancé of their child. Just sayin..

Some people like to wait until things get serious before they bring someone home to their family. Just because you feel your family should meet everyone you happen to like doesn't mean everyone else feels the same.

grace12898 0

Or, they just didn't have the opportunity to meet her parents yet, but they were ready to take that step.

I totally agree. I've recently got engaged to my boyfriend and I can't imagine him having not met my parents before now. That's ridiculous.

Since they're engaged, I highly doubt OP's just "some random person that just pops up out of nowhere". There are plenty of legit reasons which could explain why they met so late.

Awkward. Bet that steak was ******* good though!